It’s been a difficult week for everyone. Hurricane Harvey’s water came within about a foot of my house, but thankfully I was able to avoid any damage to my house. Others were not so fortunate, with thousands losing loved ones or homes and possessions. On a personal note before we get to the podcast notes, I wanted to say thank you to all who prayed for my family and others. Thank you very much. Please continue to pray for everyone impacted by the storm, and if you’re one of those, please let us know what you need and how we can help you out.
Craig Smoak of 1660 ESPN Central Texas and SicEm365 joins the podcast for our season predictions show! Craig is the host of Unnecessary Roughness on 1660 weekdays from 11-2, and you can find him on Twitter at @CraigSmoak. If you’re not following him already, get on it. For some reason, the connection was not the greatest of all time, so there’s a bit of interference that’s present in the audio. Apologies for that, we did what we could to clean it up. Anyway... Here’s what we’re talking:
- Some personal Hurricane discussions
- Baylor’s outreach to Harvey Victims, including SHSU
- If you want to get involved in Baylor’s Relief Collection efforts, check out this site. Also, Baylor has created a hub where you can get updates on ongoing relief efforts. Check it out and get involved with helping those impacted by this devastating storm.
Depth Chart Release!
- Anu Solomon is the starter! OF COURSE we mispronounce his name. It’s ODP.
- Youth Movement!
- Single Digit Numbers!
- Like every year, we’re going game-by-game and giving our predictions for the regular season.
- We’re also doing some other predictions, but given the time constraints and other pressing topics, we skipped the usual rapid-fire style predictions that we do for fun at the end. Sorry about that.
Picks of the Week!
- I really should do more research here. I’m terrible at this part. Fank is better prepared than I am for that. Sorry.
Last week we put out the call for Retweets, 5-Star Reviews and Facebook Shares to help us grow the podcast. The response was fantastic, with over 60 retweets and shares. One thing I didn’t realize is that I can only see the number of Facebook shares that are performed, not who actually did them; so, if you shared the Facebook post and I didn’t give you a shoutout, I apologize. Let me know and I’ll give you one next week!
We’re going to do the same thing this week! So, retweet either the ODB tweet or mine coming out of this and get a shoutout on next week’s episode! NOTE: If you share the Facebook post, please put a comment on the original FB post so that we know and can give you a shoutout this coming week!