What time is it? Show time! So, I have to confess that I’ve had a hard time getting really excited about doing podcast previews of the Baylor Bears this season, mostly because of the huge numbers of unknowns surrounding this offense. It makes it difficult to preview with anything resembling certainty. Of course I’ve been excited about the season and to see Coach Matt Rhule’s teams finally take the field, but with so many unknowns, it’s been hard to take more than a “wait and see” stance. But, Mr. Fankhauser’s been working on me for several weeks, and last night, the switch flipped. I’m ready for football, and I am excited to talk about it. Let’s go!
If the start of this podcast feels a bit like you’re coming in on the middle of a conversation, that’s because you are. Fank and I were having good discussions about uniforms and I realized I wasn’t recording, so I went ahead and hit the record button. Enjoy!
Here’s what else we’re talking about:
- The style of the offense, what it might be, and what it most definitely will NOT be
- Looking at the depth chart: The Youth Revolution
- QB Competition between Zach Smith, Anu Solomon, and Charlie Brewer
- Plenty of Offensive Line talk here, the emergence of Sam Tecklenburg and Ryan Miller, depth issues, youth, etc.
- Running Backs: Who will we see?
- Wide Receivers: Who will take over leadership of this young, but talented group? Blake Lynch? Denzel Mims? Chris Platt? Pooh Stricklin? Jared Atkinson? Someone else I’m forgetting?
- Tight Ends: Jordan Feuerbacher and Ishmail Wainright
- Overall expectations for the offense in 2017
This should kick off regular podcasts for the 2017 season! Next week will be a look at the 2017 defense, then look for our annual season predictions show the week before the Liberty game.
Get excited, folks! Football is back.