At the outset, apologies for getting this out a day later than normal. Given the rain delay, I didn’t get home until about 2:30 Sunday morning. I didn’t expect just how much that would take out of me (insert Peter is old joke here).
At any rate, Baylor beat Oklahoma State 35-24 on Saturday to improve to 4-0. While the defense didn’t do a great job on third downs from time to time, the overall defensive performance was impressive, given the fact that outside of the first touchdown allowed (on an ultra-short field), the defense only gave up 17 points, despite being on the field for roughly the same amount of time that I’ve been alive.
Here’s what we’re talking about:
- The weather delay was weird.
- That defense. Yes. We’re talking more about the defense.
- Verkedric Vaughns, Travon Blanchard, Patrick Levels, Aivion Edwards. And the rest of the defense.
- There's still room for improvement, though. Plenty of it.
- Seth Russell was solid, both on the ground and through the air.
- Chris Platt caught the football in two major spots.
- Ishmael Zamora’s immediate impact
There’s more. Listen and enjoy!