Well, that was dumb.
I don’t think anybody realistically expected to go undefeated this season. But I also don’t think anyone anticipated that the Baylor Bears would lose to the Texas Longhorns in THAT fashion. That game was dumb. There were other dumb things! We’re talking about them this week on the podcast.
- The CFP Rankings shows are dumb.
- CFP Rankings that aren’t the final ranking are dumb.
- Ranking teams with losses ahead of undefeated teams is dumb, especially when we’re pretty sure that the lower-ranked team is better than the higher-ranked team.
- The rest of the world just now clueing in on the Big 12’s playoff chances is dumb.
- Saturday’s game length was dumb.
- Three trips into the red zone with only six points.
You know what isn’t dumb, though?
- PJ Fleck is not dumb.
- PJ Fleck’s pregame response to the CFP rankings was decidedly not dumb.
- Autzen Stadium is not dumb.
- Seth Russell’s legs.
- Terence Williams trucking fools.
- The fact that Baylor still controls its own destiny in the conference.
There was other stuff that we talked about, obviously, but it doesn’t quite fit in this silly gimmick format I decided for on this post. Chief among them is the interview that Terrance Ganaway gave to Craig Smoak & company on 1660 ESPN Radio on Monday evening. He pulled absolutely no punches, and if you have 20 extra minutes after listening to us, it’s worth a listen. You can click here to go to the full audio, or click the link in the embedded tweet.
On Thursday night we’re going to be doing a LIVE PODCAST!! We’ll preview the game vs. the TCU Horned Frogs coming up on Saturday, take your questions, and generally have a good time. We’re not 100% sure on the time just yet, but expect it to be somewhere in the 8:30-9:00 p.m. range Thursday evening. We’ll put out more info on Twitter before tomorrow night.