Basketpod time! After a hiatus that was probably a week too long, we're back to bring you the sweet sounds of shootyhoops. Fank and the Isbear are back on the show this week, and I'm thrilled to say that they know a lot about basketball. That's very good. I join them because, according to Fank, "we would go so far off the rails without a little guidance." While I'm absolutely flattered, I cannot fathom what would cause him to think that I have the ability to guide anyone anywhere in the realm of podcasting. I mean, has he even listened to the show over the past two-and-a-half years? But I digress. We're here to talk about basketball! Let's do that.
A Look Back
The last time we recorded a basketball podcast it was mid-December, so we're catching up on all the fun conference action to date.
- A HUGE win in Ames, Iowa!
- Another great win in Stillwater!
- Winning games they're supposed to win: Impressive?
- Lester Medford
- Sexy Al Freeman vs. ...Dad Bod Al Freeman?
- The emergence of King McClure
- Terry Maston. That is all.
What's Coming Up
- Georgia. We're previewing this game a bit. Oh hey look, T-Shirt giveaway and pictures with the #RAB trophy!
- Big Monday BlackoUT: Baylor vs. Texas on Monday
- A Fankhauser "encouragement" for current students*
- A trip to Morgantown
- Rest of the season outlook: adjusted expectations?
*Fank is absolutely right here. If you're a student, there's no reason that you shouldn't be at these games. It's a quintessential part of the Baylor Experience, and you will regret it for the rest of your life if you don't go. I promise.
We're also taking your questions that you submitted on Twitter! Thanks for asking them folks!
Next week is National Signing Day. Mark and I are planning to do a NSD recap podcast on Wednesday night, so be prepared to hear that on Thursday! Cold Barber of BearsTruth will be joining us to break down the 2016 class. We're looking forward to it!