A loss is a loss. There’s no getting around that. But that doesn’t begin to sum up what happened on Saturday when the Bears played host to the Longhorns. Though the Longhorns were ultimately victorious, that second half was some of the most fun I’ve had watching football in quite a long time. Mark and I are back on the podcast to talk about that, the Playoff a bit, and more.
EDIT: Meant to say this when I originally posted. Apologies for the occasional sound quality issues in this one, we didn't have the greatest Skype connection last night. It didn't cause any significant outages, but there were a couple of dips in audio quality that made Mark sound like he was coming through on a 1970s AM radio.
Here’s what we’re talking about:
- A measure of perspective on this season (we’ll do a full recap at some point)
- Baylor lands in the Russell Athletic Bowl
- The RAB Twitter account makes us excited about the bowl (more below)
- The Texas Game
- The halftime adjustments, and credit where it is due
- Peter’s random halftime lunch experience
- The defensive performance
- We’d like more, please
- The Big 12 OOC scheduling requirement
- The Playoffs and New Years Six bowls (as well as the Alamo Bowl)
- Rico Gathers (no, really)
Russell Athletic Bowl
If you haven’t already, you absolutely have to go follow the Russell Athletic Bowl Twitter account. This is by far the best bowl Twitter account I’ve ever seen. Hilarious and engaging. Just hit the button and then thank me in the comments.
We talk about scheduling in the pod, but plan on hearing some stuff about basketball (!!!) next week, then our preview of the Russell Athletic Bowl the week of Christmas. Hooray!