Well that was a good amount of fun, wasn’t it? After a day’s delay, Mark and I take to the airwaves once again to recap the Texas Tech game and all the wild events occurring in the Big 12 this past weekend. The Bears soundly defeated Texas Tech on Saturday in a win that has many of the pundits naming Baylor their new #1 team in the country. This is a reality that is, of course, terrifying for many Baylor fans (guys, it’s going to be okay). But we’re not talking about that so much! What exactly are we talking about? I’m glad you asked!
What we’re talking about
- Taking the foot off the gas
- Some quality defensive play that we’re happy with
- Offensive efficiency
- Corey Coleman: Is he the best WR in Baylor history?
- Shock Linwood’s spectacular game
- There’s more stuff in there
- I can’t remember off the top of my head
- Oh yeah!
- Recapping the Big 12
- Iowa State 38, Kansas 13
- Oklahoma State 36, K-State 34
- The Great Big 12 Officiating Debacle of October 3, 2015*
- Oklahoma 44, West Virginia 24
- TCU 50, Texas 7
- A teensy bit about S&P+, but possibly more to come
*Last week we got called out in the comments to the podcast because we were apparently "whining" about the officiating without acknowledging that it’s a difficult job. We fully recognize that officiating is a thankless and incredibly difficult job. But, like any job, there can be excellence or incompetence performing it. While even the best and most prepared refs can miss calls here and there, what the Big 12 is dealing with is beyond the occasional missed call at this point.
Fun weekend! Even though we recorded on Monday night, we’re still planning on recording the Kansas preview on Wednesday night. Get your questions in now, folks. I’m sure there will be an incredible number of them.
OOPS I FORGOT: I promised to include Mark's Tweet with the face. Here it is.
TFW: You rely on a guy named Breaux to cover TWill all day pic.twitter.com/obRKTStqu5— OurDailyBears (@OurDailyBears) October 5, 2015