Since the recording of this podcast, there's been some sad news in that Baylor Football lost a commit in Chad President. He'd been committed for almost a couple of years now, and we at Our Daily Bears are sad to see him go. We recorded this podcast about 16 hours too early, it would appear, but we were ready to get some audio laid down for you guys about some of the other happenings from recent days, plus get you some audio for your Christmas Eve travels, should you require it.
One note about the audio: For some reason unknown to any of us, Mark's audio track had some clipping in it that makes it sound like I've edited out a word or two in a sloppy manner. We're not really sure what happened, but rest assured that it wasn't that Mark was overly vulgar and I was going crazy with the editing tools.
What We're Talking About
- Jarrett Stidham committed to Baylor, and we're thrilled about it
- Possible scenarios with the quarterback situation (note: At one point in here Pras talks about being sad that someone in this group may not get to finish their Baylor experience; I was editing that portion of the show as the President news broke, and it struck me as prescient.)
- The aftermath and dark underbelly of recruiting fandom
- The great day the Big 12 had
- What's at stake with recruiting and how to respond to it
- The importance of high-value targets
- There's still more to come before National Signing Day.
Let's Recap The Regular Season! ...sorta
- Prashanth's preseason prediction regarding Petty being a better QB overall, though not reflected on the stat sheet
- Did we see peak Goodley this season? Was he injured?
- Coleman's season vs. what we were expecting to see, especially in light of his preseason hamstring injury
- Offensive Line: The big surprise of the season, especially in light of the injuries experienced
- Looking back to look forward, plus some more recruiting talk!
- The "5-star vs. diamond-in-the-rough" debate
- Disappointments of the season (note: we went 11-1 and won our second straight Big 12 Championship. Any actual disappointment is extremely minor)
- Taylor Young is a sneaky blitzer
- The future, friends, is very bright. Whatever Shawn Oakman and Spencer Drango decide.