In case you haven't heard, ESPN College GameDay is coming to Waco on Saturday for the tilt against Kansas State. You know we're talking about that, and we do quite a bit to start. Mark, Prashanth and I are here to do just that as well as talk about surviving Texas Tech in Arlington over the weekend. Here's what we're talking about:
College GameDay heading to Waco! And related topics
- The most on-the-nose cold open ever.
- Our reaction to the news, including outlook on how it affected our moods in the aftermath of the Tech game
- Note: Pras cut out at one point in here, but the way we record allowed me to salvage the point he makes. I left it in, then shifted to the conversation Mark and I had while he was gone. You may notice a somewhat abrupt conversation change from a conversation perspective.
- The rankings and our feelings towards them this week
- NOTE: Let's not go crazy with our engagement of the media this
- Signs, Signs, everywhere signs (more on that in a bit) - We're discussing the 61-58 sign and its prevalence.
Recapping Texas Tech
- The tale of two games: With and without Bryce Petty and how his injury impacted both sides of the ball
- Tech was able to find matchups to exploit
- Resurfacing of the three-man front and the lack of designed blitz packages
- In which aspect of our offense/defense are we most confident
- "It's Tech's Bowl Game!" and how that actually impacted the play of the game
- Ryan Reid and his amazing forced turnover
- More Big 12 Ref fun and Rod Gilmore
- The two respective hits on the QBs
- Bryce Petty's injury and his status moving forward
Backing up... GameDay Signs!
We talked about it in the podcast, but someone mentioned that they're going to put up a fanpost for GameDay sign ideas. Since we're going to be doing a live preview show on Thursday night, we'll talk about those sign ideas, pick the best, and maybe put up a poll so that you can vote on the best ones. Bears, bring the wit. Let's do this big.