NOTE: This was recorded on Sunday night, but work prevented me from getting the podcast compiled and edited. Sorry about that. We're opening up by talking about the ridiculous weather during the game on Saturday night which, if you weren't there, was significantly worse than it appeared on TV. It rained intermittently during the first half and started truly raining right before half time and didn't stop raining for the rest of the game. The rain got heavier as the game went on. Pras was able to stay dry by watching the game from his couch. Mark and his wife got amazing rain suits that kept them dry, while I had more trouble because my $4 poncho ripped and the sole of my right boot fell off at about the first touchdown. That's right... Fell. Off. It was weird.
Here's some of the topics we're talking about in this one:
- How the weather impacted the play on the field
- Mason Rudolph's performance (kid can ball out, y'all)
- Defensive game plan and execution against a new quarterback
- The lack of a conspiracy in the media to keep Baylor out of the conversation*
- Once again, it's not the holding of the Selection Committee, it's the reasoning that bothers us
- Mark and I have trouble differentiating between Indiana and Illinois
- THERE IS A GIANT FOOT TRYING TO SQUASH YOU
- I have a theory about what criteria the Selection Committee will use this week (I was wrong, but I think my theory makes more sense than what they actually used)
- Ryan Reid
- The best passing defense Baylor's beaten this year
- The true source of Auburn's run of luck last year and FSU's this year
*With each passing week, I get less and less sure about this.
Happy Premise Number 1: There are no aliens.
Happy Premise Number 2: There is no giant foot trying to squash me.
Happy Premise Number 3: Even though I feel like I might ignite, I probably won't.
-Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger
I'm not so sure about HP#1... Jeff Long may just be an alien. HP#2 is absolutely false. But, HP#3... that one's pretty true. The entire Baylor fan base probably feels like they'll ignite right about now.