McLane Stadium Scrimmage 2
Baylor held a brief 40-minute scrimmage yesterday evening in McLane Stadium. The Bears came away with no injuries. and several young and/or unknown players got to show what they're made of, including several walk-ons and third-stringers.
Some notes after a glance at the final stats:
- Don't take anything from modest rushing numbers. Plays are typically blown dead almost immediately in scrimmages to keep backs from getting banged up.
- Tre'von Armstead caught 2 passes for 27 yards. He probably caused an earthquake. Make of that what you will.
- CB Tyler Jaynes and S Jarrod Koym both contributed. I assume the two are new walk-ons, since they have no biography posted on the official Baylor site. Jaynes had a pass breakup and Koym, listed as a safety, caught a touchdown from Chris Johnson.
- Grant Campbell was the leading tackler of the night with seven tackles.
- The defense recorded four pass breakups, two of which belonged to Terrell Burt.
- Kendall Ehrlich had one tackle for loss. Andrew Billings and Beau Blackshear combined for another.
- Supposedly Ishmael Zamora pulled in a touchdown, but it went unrecorded in the official stats.
- Bryce Petty says everything is better when Antwan Goodley gets the ball so he can "tuck and truck".
Baylor Football on Snapchat
If you snap, add "bufootball" on Snapchat to receive exclusive practice updates. I did it, and it was actually really cool.
Soccer: Baylor 1-0 Rice
Baylor won their season opener against Rice in overtime. After 90 scoreless minutes and part of an overtime period, forward Bri Campos fired a left-footed shot through a host of other players into the goal.
Important Campus Food News
The Flying Saucer has landed at Memorial! Breakfast, dessert and other special saucers coming soon! pic.twitter.com/ptSFHDsHDU— BaylorUDining (@BaylorUDining) August 22, 2014
Memorial gets flying saucers and the entire population of Collins. This Alexander resident has no complaints.