The 2018 season for Baylor football is officially here! In just under 9 hours, the Baylor Bears will take on the Abilene Christian Wildcats at McLane Stadium in Waco, Texas. If you can get there, you should. If you’re a student, there’s no good reason why you won’t be there, already. Most of the Seymour clan will be there, and we’ll have a special guest, so if you see us, say hi!
Ours is one of the later games this evening, so there’s a lot of football between now and then. As usual, the mothership at SBNation.com has you covered on viewing guides:
College football schedule 2018: How to watch Week 1’s best games - SBNation.com
Guiding you to the best games all throughout five days of college football.
Of particular note (at least to me) are the following games:
- 11 AM — Texas vs. Maryland (FS1) with a dash of FAU @ OU (Fox) and Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss (ESPN)
- 2:30 PM — Washington vs. Auburn (ABC) with West Virginia vs. Tennessee (CBS)
- 5 PM — ... maybe Boise State @ Troy (ESPNews)?
- 6:30 PM — Michigan @ Notre Dame (NBC)
- 7 PM — BAYLOR ON FSN, Louisville @ Alabama (ABC)
Notes on Baylor vs. Abilene Christian
We still don’t know who the starting QB will be, sorry. I’m sure someone knows, but we don’t. Unless you’re in the know, and I don’t know that. There’s a lot of unknown here.
Players to Watch:
- All of them. It’s the first game of the season.
- WR Jalen Hurd — will he live up to the hype? Can he?
- RB JaMycal Hasty — I think he’s going to be great this season, and this is the place to start.
- LBs Henry Black and Blake Lynch — Eric Ogor introduced us to what I think they want this position to be, and how these guys fill it will be fascinating.
- The complete offensive line — for obvious reasons. We need considerably better run blocking this year, and there’s no way around that.
None at this time. Doesn’t look like the two OL — Jake Fruhmorgen and Johncarlo Valentin — will play, but we don’t know for sure about Clay Johnston. I would guess no.
LINKS LINKS LINKS LINKS LINKS LINKS LINKS
- CHECK OUT BAYLORBEARS.COM’S NEW GAME PAGE — https://baylorbears.com/gameday/football-vs-abilene-christian/football/2/
- WacoTrib says the team is eager to prove they learned from last season.
- John Werner doesn’t think ACU will be able to keep up with Baylor’s receivers. That was his actual prediction; his thoughts on the WRs and other matchups are here.
- Statesman wants to point out that we lost to Liberty last year, which is, unfortunately, factually accurate.
- But Matt Rhule doesn’t want to focus on it for obvious reasons.
- Ex-Wylie football player Clay Johnston expects Baylor to bounce back
That’s pretty much it this morning. I expect more in the coming weeks.
TWEETS TWEETS TWEETS TWEETS TWEETS TWEETS TWEETS
So I didn’t know this before it was pointed out to me by a member of the football ops staff, but this video actually disclosed our uniform combination — green/green/gold. Should be a pretty snazzy-looking combo.
Does it sound like he might be there? I’m reading too much into it, I’m sure.
GIVE ME YOUR PREDICTIONS IN THE COMMENTS!
Also, we can use this as the first Open Thread of the day since it’s going up right before the games start.