MATCHUP: #12 Baylor Bears (7-1, 5-1) vs. TCU Horned Frogs (3-5, 1-4)
LOCATION: Fort Worth, Texas
ODB GAME HUB: Baylor Bears vs. TCU Horned Frogs 2021
OPPONENT’S SB NATION BLOG: Frogs ‘O War (FOW)
FIRST LOOK: TCU Horned Frogs
PREVIEW/PREDICTION THREAD: People Like Baylor So Far.
PODCASTS*: OurDailyPodcast | Between Two Bears | X’s and Osos (Travis and Jeff) | SourGrapesPod | Please Bear With Me | Bear Den | SicEm365’s Bear Cast
QUICK LOOK: Baylor Bears (from FOW)
COLLEGEFOOTBALLDATA.COM TEAM PAGES: Baylor | TCU
WEEKLY PRESS CONFERENCE: TCU
GAME NOTES (INCLUDING DEPTH CHART): Here.
BAYLORBEARS.COM PREVIEW: Here.
SPREAD: Baylor -8, O/U 57
TV COVERAGE: FOX, 2:30 PM Saturday
UNIFORM: Green, white, white.
WEATHER (Fort Worth): From Wunderground—Amazing. 65 when the game kicks off.
We are just under two hours from the start of the game here, so let’s do this lightning-round style:
- My two big answerable questions from yesterday have been answered—neither QB Max Duggan nor RB Zach Evans will play today. That means Chandler Morris will get what I believe is his first start at QB, and TCU will continue to be without their leading rusher. Duggan’s absence raises interesting questions about whether he aggravated his injury during the KSU game such that he couldn’t play this week or shouldn’t have been playing in the first place. We’ll never know.
- As a result of the foregoing, I assume, the spread has jumped to Baylor -8 at most places after being relatively static all week, even through the Patterson news. Some places reportedly have it as high as Baylor -9, and it could continue to rise as we get closer to game time. The O/U dropped a point to 57.
- No new injury or other news from the Baylor side of which I am aware. Baylor looks to be coming into this one pretty healthy.
Kirk: Baylor is for real, and Abram Smith is legit.— BearUpBU (@BearUpBU) November 6, 2021
Most 30+ yard rushes among RBs:— PFF College (@PFF_College) November 5, 2021
1. Tyler Badie, Missouri: 9
2. Breece Hall, Iowa State: 8
2. Abram Smith, Baylor: 8
4. TreVeyon Henderson, OSU: 7
4. Sean Tucker, Syracuse: 7pic.twitter.com/wBoHQgvrzC
Which team are you 100% sure is getting the win today? pic.twitter.com/UqWH2kOleP— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) November 6, 2021
Safe travels to everyone heading out to Fort Worth for the game! We’ll see the rest of you back here at 2:30!