Don’t worry, Peter, Fank, and Coffey still have the OG OurDailyPodcast on lockdown, and if you can only listen to one this week, please listen to theirs.
For those that don’t know, Jeff (@penland365 on twitter) and I are two college football junkies who love to talk football. In this episode we look at who Baylor and Texas are as teams and then preview how they match up against one another.
Spoiler, I’m more optimistic about this one than Jeff is ...
- 1:30 — Where is this Baylor team at compared to your preseason expectations?
- 7:30 — do Baylor and Iowa State have a leg up in the conference race because they’re more balanced than Oklahoma and Oklahoma State?
- 11:00 — Travis loves the Baylor defensive line
- 13:00 — Jeff thinks Sark is doing a great job at Texas so far
- 19:30 — Jeff explains what makes Sark different as an offensive coach and why it could tie into the 4th quarter struggles
- 23:00 — How practice time limits what you can do as a college coach
- 29:00 — The biggest mismatch in this game is the QB differential
- 30:00 — Baylor’s offense vs Texas’ defense
- 45:00 — Does Texas come out respecting Gerry Bohanon’s ability to beat them deep?
- 52:00 — Abram could make or break this running game
- 54:00 — Baylor’s defense vs Texas’ offense
- 1:07:00 — Predictions!
- 1:11:45 — Jeff: “If ______ happens this game, Baylor is gonna win out.”