As always, these are predictive.
1) Kansas- The Jayhawks have played too many close games for how talented they are. Quentin Grimes needs to play much better if the Jayhawks are going to make the Final Four again.
2) Texas Tech- Another year, another strong showing for Chris Beards’ squad. Jarrett Culver has been awesome.
3) Oklahoma- Maybe Iowa State at full strength or TCU deserves this spot. But Lon Kruger is the country’s most underrated coach and Christian James has been balling.
4) Iowa State- Once this team gets healthy, they could make quite the run. They’ve been pretty good lately too.
5) TCU- Their non-conference schedule might keep them a little lower in my rankings. Expect the Horned Frogs to win some games against the top four in the league.
6) Kansas State- Dean Wade could be out for a while, and Kamau Stokes is hurt as well. Xavier Sneed needs to take over for them to hit their lofty preseason goals.
7) Texas- I think this team has been the most disappointing in the conference, yet again. Other than Snoop Roach, Shaka Smart’s guys haven’t gotten better in Austin.
8) West Virginia- This team really needs to get healthy. I’d be surprised if they make the NCAA Tournament.
9) Baylor- If Makai Mason and Mario Kegler play like they did in the second half against Arizona, then the Bears will move up this list. But that’s a tough gamble.
10) Oklahoma State- This team is still a top 80 KenPom squad. That doesn’t mean the Cowboys will win many Big 12 games.