As always, these are predictive.
1) Oklahoma- Yes, head-to-head matters, but with Mike Stoops out in Norman, I think the Sooners will end up beating Texas in the Big 12 title game.
2) Texas- Bill Connelly has detailed how this team has played much better against elite teams. I’m guessing someone else will beat them before the Big 12 Championship Game.
3) West Virginia- Another team that’s difficult to peg. They were wrecked by Iowa State. Will Grier has to be exceptional to earn an invite to New York.
4) Texas Tech- The Red Raiders need their defense to keep playing at an elite level.
5) Iowa State- This enters the difficult to peg part of a difficult to peg league. Iowa State will probably mess around and beat another top flight team. They’ll also probably lose to a team below them on this week.
6) TCU- TCU has the head-to-head on Iowa State, but that’s not the only metric in these rankings. The Horned Frogs may be the league’s most disappointing team.
7) Baylor- Baylor’s past needing moral victories. The Texas game was important. Now it’s time to find six games.
8) Kansas State- Their win over Oklahoma State was shocking and dominant. Bill Snyder might find a way to sneak into a bowl game again.
9) Oklahoma State- This team isn’t good. Mike Gundy will have them back soon.
10) Kansas- The David Beaty era nears its end.