Softball, at Texas, 1:00 PM CT, Listen
- No. 13/17 Baylor softball (40-10, 12-4 Big 12) opened its final regular season Big 12 series in dramatic fashion, winning 2-1 over the Texas Longhorns (29-21, 6-9 Big 12) on Friday evening at Getterman Stadium. From Baylor Bears dot com.
Kelsee Selman (20-7) went the distance for the Lady Bears, spinning 7.0 innings in the circle and allowing just four hits and one run, striking out three.
“We were up 2-1 and the tying run is on second, and you don't want her to score. So you've got to give her the best throw you've got and throw her out at home. It's huge. It's our last home game, and we want to go out with a bang. We did, and now we just have to keep it going into this weekend when we head to Texas.” – Baylor centerfielder Jessie Scroggins.
“It was really big, knowing that this was our last Big 12 game at home. This is a big series to start off with the win. It's just what we needed. Just having games like that where they're close - where the last inning gets close - is the stuff we need for going further into Regionals and Super Regionals. I think it's really important to have games like that to help us out in the long run.” – Baylor pitcher Kelsee Selman.
“That was a great way to end our home season. I would have liked it to be a little greater difference in the score. They made a good decision. I would have sent the runner, too. She had to make a perfect throw and she did. That was a tough play for the catcher to make. I think we just saw the Texas team that hadn’t been there all year. They’re very capable and we knew that. Who would have thought we’d beat Texas on the long ball. The short game we’ve had really wasn’t a factor tonight. It was a different game for us to play. We won the game a different way and that was big.” – Baylor head coach Glenn Moore.
Baylor will close out the remaining two games of the Texas series in Austin, facing the Longhorns in 1 p.m. games on Saturday, May 6, and Sunday, May 7.
- Scroggins shows off cannon in 2-1 win over Texas | wacotrib.com, Baylor centerfielder Jessie Scroggins is well known for her speed and spectacular catches, but she showed Texas that she has a powerful arm to complement her other talents.
- SBs Cargill Named CoSIDA Academic All-District - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor softballs Lindsey Cargill was named to the 2017 College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District Softball Team for District 7, announced by the organization on Thursday afternoon.
- Softball Earns Six Academic All-Big 12 Selections - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor softball landed six student-athletes on the 56-member Academic All-Big 12 Softball Team, including five first team honorees, announced Thursday by the conference office.
- Shankle Earns NCAA Singles Bid - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor women’s tennis senior Blair Shankle has been selected to compete in singles action at the 2017 NCAA Division I Womens Tennis Championship, the NCAA announced Wednesday afternoon. She is the Big 12 Conferences automatic qualifier and is the No. 5 seed in the 64-player bracket.
- Men's Tennis Earns 20th Straight NCAA Championship Berth - Baylor Official Athletic Site, For the 12th time in the last 15 years, the sixth-ranked Baylor men's tennis team will host first and second round action of the NCAA Tennis Championship, the NCAA announced Tuesday.
- Men's Tennis Puts Three Into NCAA Individual Competition - Baylor Official Athletic Site, A trio of Baylor men's tennis student-athletes were selected to participate in the NCAA individual championship action starting May 24 in Athens, Ga.
- Dylan Kim Named Big 12 Women's Golfer of the Month - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor redshirt sophomore Dylan Kim is Aprils Big 12 Conference Womens Golfer of the Month, the conference office announced Thursday.
- Mens Golf Earns 20th Straight NCAA Tournament Bid - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The No. 9-ranked Baylor men's golf team is the No. 2 seed at the Stanford (Calif.) Regional of the NCAA Division I Men's Golf Championship. The bracket was revealed Thursday during the NCAA Mens Golf Selection Show on Golf Channel.
- Little League Challenger players taking talents to Baylor Ballpark | wacotrib.com, Ever wanted to live the life of a Bear? Nearly 200 Central Texas young people will get that chance on Saturday.
- College Sports: Big 12 recognizes it has a problem in producing NFL talent but question is, how can they fix it? | SportsDay, PHOENIX -- Business and self-help gurus say the first step in solving a problem is acknowledging you have one.Well, the Big 12 has an NFL draft...
Free Mayborn Day
Baylor University’s Mayborn Museum Complex, 1300 S. University Parks Drive, will offer free admission from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Visitors will have a final opportunity to view the museum’s “The Wizard of Oz” education exhibit.
For more information, call 710-1110 or visit www.baylor.edu/mayborn.
Coach Kim Mulkey Legacy - In Baseball?
- IN FOCUS: Kramer Robertson - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics, Kramer Robertson repeatedly pictures getting the hit or making the play in his head. He sees his success. Confidence is something that he has a lot of, and he's not afraid to show it. He wears his emotion on his sleeve. His mom, Kim Mulkey, expressed that he's been passionate his whole life in everything that he's ever done.