- Baseball, at Washington, 3:00 PM, Listen
- Women's Tennis, at West Virginia, 9:00 AM
- Acrobatics & Tumbling, vs Oregon, 1:00 PM, Watch
- Men's Tennis, at Tulsa, 1:00 PM
- Women's Golf, vs Bryan National Collegiate, All Day
- Men's Golf, vs Aggie Invitational, All Day
- Brown, Davis Garner WBCA All-America Awards - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor womens basketball sophomore Kalani Brown and senior Nina Davis were honored by the WBCA with All-America accolades on Saturday evening. Brown is one of 10 players nationally to be named to the 2017 WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches All-America team, while Davis is one of 42 players to receive a 2017 WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches All-America honorable mention honor.
- Lady Bears’ Brown, Davis receive All-American accolades | Lady Bears Basketball | wacotrib.com, Baylor sophomore Kalani Brown and senior Nina Davis received All-America accolades by the WBCA on Saturday.
Lady Bears Reload
Lady Bears look to keep 'feeding that monster' next season | Lady Bears Basketball | wacotrib.com, Next season, Baylor adds two of the top 12 points guards across the country ranked by ESPN HoopGurlz in Alexis Morris (sixth) and Cara Ursin (12th). Two more top-ranked guards round out the 2017 group in Trinity Oliver and Deauzya Richards. This top class – ranked fourth by ESPN HoopGurlz – will join a group of returners from one of the deepest Baylor teams in program history. No Lady Bear averaged 30 minutes per game as Prince and Wallace finished with the two highest of 28.7 and 28.2.
OBF’s Famous Movie Quote (from Drums Along the Mohawk): “Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.”
Track & Field
Baylor Track & Field: Texas Relays - Day 3 Recap
Baylor Track & Field: Day Four Recap (2017)
- Track & Field Closes Out Texas Relays Competition - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor's track and field squads closed out the 90th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays presented by Spectrum at Mike A. Myers Stadium Saturday. Senior Cion Hicks capped the day in the field events for BU by winning the Texas Relays shot put title with a best throw of 55-0.75 [16.78m]. Next Saturday, Baylor will host its first home meet of the 2017 season with the Baylor Invitational. Field events begin at 10 a.m. and running finals start at 3 p.m. at Clyde Hart Track and Field Stadium.
Acrobatics & Tumbling
- Baylor A&T looking for fewer wobbles when Ducks invade | Baylor Acrobatics Tumbling | wacotrib.com, The first loss in the past three seasons didn’t exactly go down smoothly, but neither was it soul-crushing.
- No. 1 A&T Hosts No. 2 Oregon Sunday - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The top-ranked and defending national champion Baylor acrobatics & tumbling team will take on No. 2 Oregon for the second time this season Sunday at 1:00 p.m. CT at the Ferrell Center on FOX Sports Southwest.
Baylor Acrobatics & Tumbling: Preview vs. Oregon
PAC-12 Networks: Highlights from February 25, 2017, Oregon vs. Baylor
Baylor Football: Spring Practice Recap No. 7 - 4/1/2017
KWTX- Baylor spring practice QB talk #Sicem
CBS Sports Matt Rhule Interview 3/28/2017
Rhule not happy with practice #Sicem 3/29/2017
KWTX- #Baylor practices more physical under Matt Rhule #SicEm 3/29/2017
KXXV-Spring Practice talk - 3/29/2017
- Matt Rhule admits to concerns on Baylor offensive line | Heartland College Sports, As spring practice continues in Waco, head coach Matt Rhule admitted that the Baylor offensive line is hurting right now.
No. 13/14 Baylor softball (32-6, 5-1 Big 12) finished off a three-game sweep over the Texas Tech Red Raiders (16-17, 3-3 Big 12), taking the 4-0 win on Saturday afternoon at Getterman Stadium. From Baylor Bears dot com.
Kelsee Selman (17-3) worked her ninth complete game of the season, including her third complete shutout, going 7.0 frames, allowing just two hits, and striking out five.
“[Selman] is pretty consistent for us. We know what we're going to get out of her. I think she's locked in right now to compete. Everything is working for her. Sometimes you just don't talk to a kid whenever they're in that zone. She's been in it for quite a while, ever since California. Maybe most of the year for that matter, she's thrown really well.” – Baylor head coach Glenn Moore.
“Our pitchers did great on the mound this weekend, I think they did really well. We all did our job as a whole team. I believe in our defense, but also our pitchers do a great job. The whole defense in general, we come together when we need to and make plays.” – Baylor freshman outfielder Maddison Kettler.
“We won two of three at Kansas and that was kind of a downer. Coming in and getting the sweep is going to help us out big time since we don’t have a midweek game. We’re going to practice and work on it and be ready for Iowa State.” – Baylor junior infielder Shelby Friudenberg.
Baylor gets a rare midweek off, returning to Getterman Stadium for a weekend series with Iowa State, April 7-9.
Baylor Softball: Highlights vs Texas Tech, Game 3
- Whenever Baylor coach Glenn Moore hands the ball to ace Kelsee Selman, he expects good things to happen no matter how much she’s pitched. Read complete story by WacoTrib’s John Werner at BearsExtra.
After collecting a win and a save in Friday’s doubleheader sweep, Selman somehow managed to top herself in Saturday’s series finale as she threw a two-hitter in the No. 13 Lady Bears’ 4-0 win over Texas Tech at Getterman Stadium.
The Lady Bears (32-6, 5-1) know they’ve got to win at home to have a shot at the Big 12 title, so finishing off the three-game sweep was vital. The Lady Bears have now won 12 straight games against the Red Raiders (16-17, 3-3).
“It’s really big, it’s one of those things we expect all the time,” Selman said. “We didn’t get the sweep at Kansas and that was a downer. But we knew we had a lot of games left that we needed to sweep.”
- No. 21/22 Baseball Falls at Washington - Baylor Official Athletic Site, No. 21/22 Baylor baseball dropped a 6-0 decision to Washington on Saturday afternoon at Husky Ballpark. The Bears (18-9) got behind early and the Husky (16-9) arms kept BU's bats at bay. Baylor finishes its series vs. Washington with a 3 p.m. CT game today.
- Washington clinches series over Baylor baseball with 6-0 shutout win | Baylor Baseball | wacotrib.com, SEATTLE – After a heartbreaker in the opener, the Baylor baseball team experienced a lot less drama in its second game against Washington. But the result still stung.
Baylor Baseball: Highlights vs UW (Sat)
Baylor Baseball: Highlights vs. UW (Fri)
- No. 4 Men's Golf One Shot Back of Lead at Aggie Invite - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor men's golf is in second place, one shot back of the lead after playing two rounds on Saturday at the Aggie Invitational. The Bears shot 10-under-par 278 in the first round and even-par 288 in the second round at Traditions Golf Club.
- Womens Golf in Third at Bryan National Collegiate - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor women’s golf is in third place after shooting 3-over-par 579 across Saturdays two rounds at the Bryan National Collegiate. BU shot 1-over 289 in the first round and 2-over 290 in the second round at the Bryan Park Champions Club.
Baylor Tennis (W): 2017 Intro Video
Art Briles Still Wants to Coach
- Former Baylor coach Art Briles breaks silence, speaks about future | AL.com, Former Baylor coach Art Briles was a guest speaker at the Birmingham Football Coaching Clinic on Friday, and told coaches that he planned to coach for "another decade."
- Art Briles Expresses Desire to Coach Again Following Baylor Scandal | Bleacher Report, Former Baylor University head football coach Art Briles confirmed he wants another coaching job after getting dismissed by the Bears program amid the school's sexual assault scandal...