- Oregon Ducks to play Baylor series starting in -- wait for it -- 2027 | OregonLive.com, For fans of high-scoring offenses, does Oregon have a future football series for you. The only catch: You'll just have to wait a decade to see it. The Ducks and Baylor have agreed to a home-and-home series that opens in Waco, Texas, in 2027 before finishing in Eugene a year later, a UO spokesman confirmed Friday morning. The first game, in Waco, will be played Sept. 11, 2027. The Ducks will then host Baylor on Sept. 9, 2028. The visiting team will receive $400,000 in each game, according to a copy of the game contract released as part of a public records request.
- Oregon and Baylor schedule football series for 2027 and 2028, The Oregon Ducks and the Baylor Bears have scheduled a home-and-home football series for 2027 and 2028, FBSchedules.com has learned.
- Former Baylor quarterback Seth Russell medically cleared after ankle fracture, Former Baylor quarterback Seth Russell has been medically cleared to return to football after fracturing his left ankle in November.
- More on Mike Gundy's contract negotiations | News OK, OSU and its football coach remain at an em passe despite high times for Cowboy football. Gundy said Baylor has joined OU and Texas in raising budgets to extreme heights. "Baylor's over the roof," Gundy said. "They're out of here, now. Maybe the ...
- Texas A&M football: Kevin Sumlin's win-at-all-costs outlook hurting Aggies, This isn't Kevin Sumlin's first rodeo. The coach has led Texas A&M for 5 seasons now, and it's no secret that Year 6 could be his last in Aggieland.
- Ranked No. 1 coming into the National Collegiate Equestrian Association championships, Baylor never expected to go out in the same fashion as last season. Full story at BearsExtra.
But with a 9-7 loss to No. 9 TCU in Friday’s quarterfinals, the Bears experienced déjà vu in the worst way.
“I don’t know if embarrassing is the word but it definitely stings to be in the same position we were last year,” said Baylor rider Savannah Jenkins. “It’s definitely hard coming in No. 1 and going out in the first round to a team that we beat three times this year. So that makes it tough.”
It was an all too familiar scene for the Bears after TCU upset them in last year’s national quarterfinals at the Extraco Events Center. It seemed unlikely it would happen again since the Bears had already beaten the Horned Frogs three times this season on their way to their first No. 1 national tournament seed in school history.
- Esthay, Bears provide game-winning magic with 4-3 win over Texas | Baylor Baseball | wacotrib.com, With magic, timing is everything.
- Baseball Walks Off with Series Win vs. Texas - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor baseball pulled off an exciting 4-3 walk-off win over Texas on Friday night at Baylor Ballpark. The Bears (22-13, 5-6) scored three runs in the eighth and one in the ninth to take the series from the Longhorns (23-15, 6-8).
- Texas Longhorns Athletics - Late lead slips as Baseball falls, 4-3, to Baylor, Despite taking a 3-0 lead into the eighth inning, Texas Baseball fell, 4-3, to Baylor in a Friday night walk-off at Baylor Ballpark in Waco.
- Bears rally to take series over Longhorns baseball team | Hookem.com, The Texas Longhorns baseball team appeared poised to win in Waco, but Baylor scored four runs in the final two innings to steal a 4-3 win on Friday night.
- Mens Golf in Fourth Place at The Maxwell - Baylor Official Athletic Site, Baylor mens golf is in fourth place after shooting 19-over-par 579 over Saturdays two rounds at The Maxwell. The Bears shot 5-over 285 in the first round and 14-over 294 in the second round at Oak Tree Country Club.
Lady Bears Basketball
- Beloit Daily News - Sports News, Destrehan's Cara Ursin named Miss Basketball againFor the second straight season, Destrehan's Cara Ursin was the obvious choice to be named the Louisiana Farm Bureau/Louisiana Sports Writers Association's Miss Basketball. Ursin, a Baylor signee, recorded seven triple-doubles and one quadruple-double, coming within one blocked shot of a quintuple-double and concluded her prep basketball career with 2,901 points.
- With seven players in the girls game at the Jordan Brand Classic, there’s not just one lone star from Texas | USA Today High School Sports, BROOKLYN -- This past season's NCAA Women's Final Four was in Dallas. Next year, the event is in Columbus, Ohio, but the road to the women's Final Four always goes through Texas.
- Women’s Basketball Releases Roster Changes - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen, Sophomore Alyssa Dry and redshirt freshman Alexandria Gulley will not return to the Baylor women’s basketball team. Gulley will continue her education on a medical scholarship at BU. Dry appeared ...
Baylor Basketball (W): WNBA Draft Alexis Jones
- WBB Duo Taken in 2017 WNBA Draft - Baylor Official Athletic Site, For the third time in Baylor women's basketball history (2002, 2013, 2017), two Lady Bears were selected in the 2017 WNBA Draft held at the Samsung 837 venue on Thursday, April 13.
- 2 Lady Bears taken in WNBA Draft, The one big omission this year was Baylor's Nina Davis. Davis, a 2-time All-American and 2-time Big 12 player of the year went undrafted. That created quite the uproar on social media as many wondered how Davis could go undrafted through three rounds.