No. 1 seeded Baylor Lady Bears (31-3) advanced to meet the No. 9 seeded California Golden Bears (20-13) in NCAA Tournament second round action with a record-setting first round victory over No. 16 seeded Texas Southern, 119-30. Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. (CT) tonight inside the Ferrell Center in Waco.
Fans can watch the Lady Bears compete on ESPN2 with Lowell Galindo (play-by-play) and Sue Bird (analyst) on the call. Live audio is also available on the Baylor Sports Network, IMG College and ESPN 1660 AM in Waco. Rick May (play-by-play) and Lori Fogleman (analyst) will call the action.
- Even though Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb is just four years removed from a Final Four appearance, her goal is to make the Golden Bears more like the Baylor Lady Bears her team will tonight. Baylor Bear Foundation’s Jerry Hill has this Game Preview at Baylor Bears dot com.
"The goal is still to be one of those programs that's in the conversation when you think about UConn and Notre Dame - and I think Baylor is at that level - year-in and year-out," said Gottlieb, whose ninth-seeded Golden Bears (20-13) will go up against top-seeded Baylor (31-3) at 8 p.m. Monday in an NCAA Tournament second-round game at the Ferrell Center.
- Lady Bears notebook: Wallace's family takes a 16-hour flight to Waco - WacoTrib.com: Lady Bears Basketball, Kristy Wallace’s family is in Waco to watch her play in the NCAA Tournament.
- Lady Bears move on from dominant performance and focus on Cal - WacoTrib.com: Lady Bears Basketball, Call it a response after losing to West Virginia in the Big 12 title game.
- Baylor women go from record-setting NCAA win to Cal rematch | Basketball | wcfcourier.com, Stephen Hawkins, WACO, Texas (AP) — California coach Lindsay Gottlieb really didn't have to watch to know just how good top-seeded Baylor is.
- Cal women prepare for No. 1 Baylor in second round of NCAA Tournament - Jon Wilner’s Mercury News, Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb really didn’t need to watch to know just how good top-seeded Baylor is. An overwhelming first-round victory, and the 30 wins before that by the Big 12 Lady Bears, only reinforced what Gottlieb thought about the team Cal plays next in the women’s NCAA Tournament.
- After record-setting win, Baylor women turn focus to California - KWTX Video, The Baylor Lady Bears (31-3) will play the Cal Golden Bears (20-13) in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
- No. 1 Baylor storms its way into Round of 32 with historic win | The Baylor Lariat, The top seed in the Oklahoma City region showed zero signs of rust from their 12-day layoff in easily beating the No. 16 seed Texas Southern Tigers 119-30. The effort from Baylor’s end was historic as the 89-point margin is the largest margin of victory in NCAA Tournament history. The Lady Bears now own the records for margin of victory in the regular season and in the tournament, as they recorded a 108-point win against Winthrop on Dec. 15.