- Men's Basketball, vs Kansas, 12:00 PM,, Listen, Watch CBS
- Women's Basketball, vs Oklahoma State, 5:00 PM, Listen, Watch
- Baseball, vs Niagara, 2:05 PM, Listen
- Baseball, vs Niagara, 6:05 PM, Listen
- Softball, vs Lamar, 10:00 AM, Listen
- Women's Equestrian, vs Fresno State
- Men's Tennis, vs Georgia, 2:30 PM
- Track, vs Alex Wilson Invitational, All Day
- Men's Golf, vs All-American, All Day
Man Bears Basketball
- The Bears take on Kansas today at noon in the Ferrell Center. Our Daily Bears Kendall_Kaut has the Preview and Prediction.
- College Basketball Preview: Kansas vs Baylor - HERO Sports, Check out this video that offers a quick preview to the Big 12 clash between Kansas and Baylor set for Saturday afternoon
- KU basketball, Baylor clash carries major Big 12 implications | The Topeka Capital-Journal, LAWRENCE — Bill Self doesn’t think the strength of the Big 12 comes from the top.
- No. 4 MBB Hosts Top-5 Matchup vs. No. 3 Kansas - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The Official Athletic Site of the Baylor University - No. 4 Baylor Men's Basketball hosts No. 3 Kansas in a sold-out matchup of top-5 teams Saturday at the Ferrell Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 12:07 p.m. CT, and the game will be televised nationally on CBS.
- Big 12 title still in reach as No. 4 Baylor hosts No. 3 Kansas - WacoTrib.com: Baylor Men's Basketball, Since the start of the season when Baylor was way under the radar, many of the veterans felt this year’s team could unseat 12-time defending Big 12 champion Kansas.
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Baylor Bears Betting Odds, College Basketball Pick | Bleacher Report, The third-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (23-3, 11-2 Big 12) will try to beat the fourth-ranked Baylor Bears (22-4, 9-4) for the 10th straight time Saturday when they visit Waco as small road underdogs...
- Kansas vs. Baylor basketball preview | Feb. 18, 2017 | The Kansas City Star, KU defeated Baylor by five points earlier this month at Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks have won nine straight in the series between the teams.
- Scott Drew had to clean up after one Baylor scandal, now he's doing it again - CBSSports.com, Football program's sins cast a pall over Baylor athletics, but basketball keeps on winning
- Kansas vs. Baylor: Jayhawks can take stranglehold of Big 12 with win in Waco | NCAA.com, Baylor seems to be the only team in the way of Kansas' pursuit for a 13th consecutive Big 12 men's basketball title.
- KU basketball vs Baylor preview & prediction, time, channel, Feb. 18, 2017 | The Kansas City Star, The Kansas men’s basketball team continues to get plenty of respect from bettors, even in its road game against Baylor.
- Weekend preview: Kansas visits Baylor, and No. 1 seeds could be on line, A loss could end the Bears' hopes for a top seed; UCLA aims for revenge vs. USC.
- College Sports: Criticized at times for X's and O's, how Scott Drew built scandal-ridden Baylor into a men's hoops power | SportsDay, Get news, scores and schedules on the Dallas Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars, and Texas College & High-School Football teams from the Dallas Morning News.
- Baylor men’s golf is in second place after the first day of play at The All-American Intercollegiate at Golf Club of Houston. From Baylor Bears dot com.
The Bears shot 4-under 284, placing them five strokes back of Houston (-9).
BU was one of only six teams in the 18-team field to complete their entire first rounds on Friday. A weather delay of two hours and 33 minutes left 12 teams still on the course when play was suspended at 6:15 p.m. CT. Those teams will resume their first rounds at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, and the second round has been pushed back to 9:45 a.m.
- Even when Baylor tried to help Niagara out, the Purple Eagles still had trouble connecting with what the Bears were dealing. Waco Trib’s Brice Cherry has this story at Bears Extra.
In the seventh inning, Niagara’s Peter Battaglia lost his grip on his bat, heaving it into Baylor’s dugout. So Baylor coach Steve Rodriguez retrieved the bat and then offered some rosin and a pat on the shoulder to Battaglia. The Niagara batter promptly struck out.
That’s just the way things went on this night.
Due to the threat of bad weather on Sunday, Baylor will close its series with Niagara with a doubleheader Saturday. The first game will be 2:05 p.m. as planned, with the nightcap to follow. As of now, Baylor’s Monday game with the Nevada Wolf Pack remains unchanged.
- Richard Cunningham says the "two words you look most forward to" are opening day. Story by Baylor Bear Foundation’s Jerry Hill from Baylor Bears dot com.
"Opening day is a special thing in baseball," the sophomore centerfielder said.
Cunningham made Baylor baseball's opening day a special one, hitting a two-run homer in the fifth to back a sterling pitching effort from starter Nick Lewis and the bullpen as the Bears kicked off the season with a 7-3 victory over Niagara Friday night at Baylor Ballpark.
"You realize that everybody wakes up early, you feel great, your arm is the best it's ever felt, your legs feel good," said second-year head coach Steve Rodriguez. "You want to swing and hit everything. You almost get numb a little bit start to lose feeling in your fingers. . . Something that I kind of expect, Game 1, a little sloppy in certain areas, but overall we competed and we got the win."
Lewis had a solid outing to pick up his 10th career win, striking out six and giving up one run on three hits and one walk in five innings.
"I've been throwing the ball really well in the spring in intra-squads," Lewis said, "so it was good to get out there and see a different team and still feel that same rhythm that I've had the past couple weeks. It just felt good to put the ball where I wanted to."
- Mens Tennis Drops First Match Against No. 4 Cal, 4-2 - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The Official Athletic Site of the Baylor University - The 13th-ranked Baylor men's tennis team suffered its first loss of the season, falling to No. 4 California, 4-2, Friday in the first round of the ITA National Team Indoor Championships at the Boars Head Sports Club.
- Updated Baylor football offer lists for '18, '19 - CBSSports.com, Baylor hosts Junior Day on Saturday
- WT Topples No. 23 Northwestern - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The Baylor womens tennis team passed its first road test with flying colors, toppling No. 23 Northwestern, 5-2, to remain undefeated, 6-0, on the young season on Friday night. It is the first ranked win of the season for the Lady Bears, who are off to a 6-0 start for the seventh time in program history and the fourth time under BU head coach Joey Scrivano.
- Softball splits two games to open Baylor Getterman Classic | North Texas Daily, Patient at-bats and aggressive base running were the key to the Mean Green offense in both games as North Texas racked six walks and five stolen bases over the course of Friday’s double-header to open up the Baylor Getterman Classic.
- No. 23 Baylor Softball Grinds out Win over GCU - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen, No. 23/24 Baylor softball (5-2) saw its second-straight combined shutout from the pitching staff, squeaking out a 1-0 win over Grand Canyon (7-1) in day two of the weekend’s Getterman Classic on Fr...
- No. 23/24 SB Opens Getterman Classic with Win - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The Official Athletic Site of the Baylor University - No. 23/24 Baylor softball (4-2) used a combined shutout and 13-strikeout effort from the BU pitching staff to open the 16th annual Getterman Classic with a 5-0 win over UTSA (1-3) on Thursday evening at Getterman Stadium.
Track & Field
- In an effort to keep its women’s distance medley relay qualified for the NCAA Indoor Championships, Baylor's track and field team will have five runners travel to the Alex Wilson Invitational in Notre Dame, Ind., Saturday. From Baylor Bears dot com.
The projected relay team of Alison Andrews-Paul, Kiana Hawn, Aaliyah Miller and Maggie Montoya will look to better their season-best mark of 11:12.39, which currently ranks 10th nationally. Only the top 12 relay times in the country qualify for the national meet and it is unlikely BU’s current season best, which the aforementioned quartet ran at the Rod McCravy Memorial in January, would remain among the top-12 over the next two weeks of competition.
The distance medley relay race is slated to be run at 10:45 a.m. CT Saturday. In 2015, BU's DMR crew set the school record at the Alex Wilson Invitational with a time of 10:58.52.
Meanwhile following the distance medley relay, Hawn will race individually in the 400 meters at 1 p.m. CT.
Hawn’s season-best time of 54.34 was run at the McCravy meet, but she has a career-best indoor mark of 54.13 and will to lower that to get into the top-16 times, which qualify for the NCAA meet. Following the Notre Dame action, Baylor will travel to the Big 12 Indoor Championship, Feb. 26-27, in Ames, Iowa.
Live results from the meet can be accessed on BaylorBears.com with a full recap to follow Saturday’s competition.
Lady Bears Basketball
- No. 4/4 WBB Hosts Sic `Em for the Cure Game Saturday - Baylor Official Athletic Site, The Official Athletic Site of the Baylor University - The No. 4/4 Baylor Lady Bears (24-2, 13-1) host Oklahoma State (14-11, 4-10) for their annual Sic `Em for the Cure/Play4Kay game on Saturday, Feb. 18, inside the Ferrell Center. Tipoff is set for 5 p.m. (CT). Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the contest and arrive early for a pregame recognition.
- Lady Bears knocking down treys at near-record pace - WacoTrib.com: Lady Bears Basketball, Like everyone else who follows basketball, Kim Mulkey comes away amazed when she watches games involving the NBA’s Golden State Warriors.
- Lady Bears face Cowgirls in weekend showdown | The Baylor Lariat, Despite the home loss, Lady Bears head coach Kim Mulkey said her team has not lost confidence. "I think their feelings are hurt," Mulkey said. "I think they’re ticked and embarrassed. We’re too good to lose confidence."
- The Rise of Kalani Brown is Symbolic of the Baylor Bears' Way - HERO Sports, See how D1 women's basketball sophomore Kalani Brown has become one of the better players on a talent-rich and balanced Baylor squad.
- Baylor women's basketball finding voice at right time, No. 4 Baylor hosts Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Acrobatics & Tumbling - Because they are Awesome
No. 1 Baylor equestrian (9-2, 3-1 Big 12) is heading to California this weekend to compete in the Fresno Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 17-18, at the Fresno State Student Horse Center. From Baylor Bears dot com.
The Bears open competition on Friday, facing No. 5 SMU (5-2, 3-0). BU faced SMU once in Waco earlier this season, defeating the Mustangs, 13-6.
On Saturday, the tournament concludes with a showdown with No. 8 Fresno State (5-4, 3-1). BU and FSU also met during the fall season, with BU taking a 9-5 win in Waco.
The tournament is Baylor’s final trip away from Waco, with the regular season finale vs. Auburn (March 3) and the Big 12 Championships (March 24-25) both being hosted by Baylor at the Willis Family Equestrian Center, leading into the NCEA National Championship (April 12-15), also hosted by Baylor, at the Extraco Events Center in Waco.
Keep up with the team all season long by following Baylor Equestrian's official accounts on Twitter (@BaylorEQ), Facebook (Baylor Equestrian), Instagram (@BaylorEquestrian), and head coach Ellen White's Twitter (@BUEQCoachWhite).