1) Oklahoma- The Sooner’s offense has been incredible. They’ll need their defense to hold up against TCU, and if they win that one, against their opponent in the Big 12 title.
2) TCU- If Kenny Hill plays well, this is the best team in the conference. I don’t have enough faith in Hill to place them No. 1.
3) Oklahoma State- The Cowboys played a wonderful game against Oklahoma, but their defense had almost no answer for Baker Mayfield. The Cowboys could still make a New Year’s Six Bowl.
4) Iowa State- The Cyclones had a rough day against West Virginia, but no matter how the season ends, they’ve blown away expectations this year.
5) West Virginia- A few Big 12 teams are thrilled the Mountaineers knocked off the Cyclones. This has been a dangerous team all season.
6) Texas- There is a big drop after the top five. Texas didn’t look great against TCU, but the Wildcats have struggled too much to jump them.
7) Kansas State- They picked up an essential win against Texas Tech. The Wildcats need to pull off one upset in their final three games to make a bowl.
8) Texas Tech- The Red Raiders have lost four in a row. They need to win two of their final three games to get bowl eligible. This team has spiraled.
9) Baylor- Baylor has struggled all season, but the Bears destroyed the Jayhawks. Charlie Brewer and Harrison Hand are the future.
10) Kansas- Kansas is not better in year three than they were in year one under David Beaty. He’s a very good man. He does not seem to be the man to win at Kansas.