These rankings are about who is the best team right now. West Virginia is missing Esa Ahmad. They’ll be much better when he returns. These are not solely resume based.
1) Kansas- The Jayhawks are making about every 3-point shot imaginable. Once again, it’s Final Four or bust in Lawrence.
2) Baylor- The Bears didn’t play their best against Creighton, but they’re undefeated with wins over two likely tournament teams in Creighton and Wisconsin.
3) West Virginia- Texas A&M rocked them to start the year, but the Mountaineers have been much better since that game.
4) Texas Tech- They thrashed Northwestern and are up to No. 16 on KenPom. The Red Raiders should return to the NCAA Tournament.
5) TCU- Jamie Dixon returns all five starters from last season’s NIT title team. Their defense is a little concerning.
6) Oklahoma- Trae Young is one of the best players in the country. His work makes them a scary out any night.
7) Texas- They rank No. 4 on KenPom on defense. But their offense is 68th. They still can’t shoot. They nearly beat Duke, but that offense makes it likely they’ll lose a game to Iowa State or Oklahoma State.
8) Kansas State- Once again, they play a bad non-conference schedule. That’s especially devastating after they lost to Arizona State. Dean Wade needs to stay aggressive.
9) Iowa State- After starting 0-2, the Cyclones have been a lot better. They’re still far away from the NCAA Tournament.
10) Oklahoma State- They rank 46th on KenPom, which is 14 spots higher than Iowa State. But Iowa State has looked a lot better since the start of the season. I’m not sold Oklahoma State is actually the 46th best team in the country.