1) Oklahoma- The Sooners have the league’s best player. Their defense makes them a shaky conference favorite.
2) TCU- Yes, Iowa State just beat them. But the Frogs missed a few changes, and I still think they’re better than the Cyclones.
3) Oklahoma State- Mason Rudolph and James Washington still give the Cowboys very realistic odds to make the playoff.
4) Iowa State- What a year when the Cyclones could legitimately complain about being underrated if someone ranks them fourth in the conference. Iowa State still doesn’t quite have the talent of the teams above them, but somehow they’ve beaten two of those teams.
5) West Virginia- They’ve played a ridiculously tough schedule and had moments where they look mediocre. But they have enough stretches where they look like a team that will ruin someones season.
6) Texas Tech- The Red Raiders have fallen off a bit. This is still a solid team and one that has crushed bad teams.
7) Texas- Tom Herman’s flashed a bright future for Texas. Still, it feels like this roster should lead to better results than the Longhorns have this season.
8) Kansas State- The Wildcats have been the Big 12’s biggest disappointment. They’re in real danger of missing a bowl game.
9) Baylor- Texas crushed Baylor. The Bears are injured and not very good. They should still beat Kansas.
10) Kansas- If the Jayhawks beat the Bears, David Beaty should earn a fourth season. But Kansas does not look much better than they did when he first arrived.