1) TCU- The Frogs remain undefeated and have a clear road to the playoff. Whether Kenny Hill can keep this up remains a fair concern.
2) Oklahoma- A month ago the Sooners went into Columbus and rolled Ohio State. There are some real concerns with this team, but they still could make the playoff.
3) Oklahoma State- The final potential Big 12 playoff team. The Cowboys have an electric offense and are hoping they just had a bad day against TCU.
4) West Virginia- The Mountaineers came back and knocked off Texas Tech. There’s a clear drop from the top three.
5) Texas Tech- They were in control against West Virginia and lost. But this has still been a very good season for the Red Raiders.
6) Texas- Tom Herman’s team has lost a few close games after their week one debacle against Maryland, but they look much improved compared to last season.
7) Iowa State- The Cyclones have a real shot to knock off a team above them on this list. Joel Lanning could crash the Heisman ceremony.
8) Kansas State- The Wildcats are in danger of not making a bowl game. What a disappointing year for Kansas State.
9) Baylor- Oklahoma State crushed the Bears, but the team has shown some signs of life at times this season. They don’t have a win, but they are still a good clip better than Kansas. A loss on November 4th would be catastrophic.
10) Kansas- The Jayhawks are much worse than anyone in the league. David Beaty found a way to beat Texas last season. He may need to find a way in Big 12 play to make it to year four.