Baylor Bears football takes on the Oklahoma State (OSU, OKST, OkieLight, etc.) Cowboys today at Boone Pickens Stadium at 2:30 PM CT today. The game can be watched on FS1, or you can listen online to the Voice of the Bears John Morris along with J.J. Joe and Ricky Thompson, or you can do both.
Game Day Central
Bears are going green-white-green to #SicOSU pic.twitter.com/YLzq8YeCbK— Jeff Barlow (@JeffEquipBU) October 13, 2017
Story Lines from Baylor Bears dot com, the Baylor University Official Athletic Site:
- Baylor wraps up a two-game road stint with a trip to Stillwater and a date with No. 14 Oklahoma State. The Bears have won three straight over OSU and have been the victor in four of the last five meetings.
- Despite an open week, the Bears lead all of FBS with seven plays of 60- and 70-plus yards.
- Denzel Mims ranks second nationally with seven receiving touchdowns and 15th with 533 receiving yards.
- The Baylor defense has allowed only eight touchdowns (42.1%/18th FBS) in 19 opponent redzone trips.
- Of Baylor’s 16 touchdown scoring drives in 2017, 15 have lasted 2:30 or less. The Bears are averaging 1:07 per touchdown scoring drive in 2017.
- Baylor leads the Big 12 in tackles for loss (37.0, 35th NCAA) and is fourth in sack with 11.0.
- Blake Lynch and Harrison Hand both rank in the top three in the Big 12 with four passes broken up.
- Underclassmen account for 62% (219 of 353) of Baylor’s total tackles through five games.
- Quarterback Zach Smith has thrown for 200+ yards and at least two TDs in six of seven career starts. He is averaging 326.6 yards per game and 2.6 touchdowns per game in five career Big 12 meetings.
- Smith was awarded Baylor’s final single-digit jersey, the number eight, following the K-State game.
- The Bears’ 21 first-time starters in 2017, including eight true freshmen, are the second most in FBS.
- Connor Martin tied the Baylor record with four field goals (32, 41, 46 [career best], 36) against Oklahoma, and ranks second in the Big 12 and in the top 28 nationally with eight field goals made.
- Clay Johnston ranks third in the Big 12 with 8.5 TFL and 10th in the nation with 1.70 TFL per game.
- Baylor has had 16 true freshmen appear in a game in 2017, the seventh-largest total nationally.
- Freshmen & sophomores are responsible for 72.9% (1625 of 2228) of Baylor’s all-purpose yards.
- Baylor receivers lead all of FBS in receptions of 40 (11), 60 (6) and 70 (6) yards.
- Baylor is playing its 116th season of football and first under Matt Rhule, who completed a successful four-year term at Temple from 2013-16. Baylor holds a 588-561-44 (.511) record all-time.
- John Lovett’s 74-yard touchdown run at K-State is the longest for a true freshman in Baylor history.
- Of Baylor’s 110 starters through five games, 51 have been freshmen or sophomores, including 13-of-22 (six offense and seven defense) at Kansas State.