1) TCU- They’re undefeated and Kenny Hill is playing well. If he continues to play well, the Frogs are the clear favorites to win the Big 12.
2) Oklahoma State- The Cowboys’ passing attack is phenomenal. They’ll need the running game and defensen to keep up to have a shot to win out.
3) Oklahoma- The Sooners defense cannot stop passing offenses. That does not bode well for Oklahoma finishing the season undefeated.
4) Texas Tech- They belong in a tier with the three teams above them. With a competent defense and their usual offensive firepower, the Red Raiders could win 10 games.
5) West Virginia- The Mountaineers outgained TCU and looked better than Virginia Tech for much of that game too. They have a good shot to beat one of the league’s top four teams.
6) Texas- Tom Herman doesn’t seem far from really turning things around. The Longhorns have been in close games since their week one thrashing by Maryland.
7) Iowa State- A huge win against Oklahoma, but the Cyclones need to show they can do that week-to-week. Joel Lanning is the truth.
8) Kansas State- The Wildcats are in danger of missing a bowl game. The receivers are not good. Jesse Ertz has not been good enough.
9) Baylor- The Bears need more stops and the offensive line to make a leap. The team has looked pretty good for stretches of games.
10) Kansas- The Jayhawks are terrible. Bill Self’s squad should win another Big 12 title—this one by at least two games—but the football team is very unlikely to win two games.