TCU (vs SMU)
Friday 9/23 @ 7:00pm in Dallas, TX | ESPN
- 4TCU is looking to open with a record of 3-1 or better for the eighth time in the last nine seasons and 12th time in 16 years under Patterson.
- Kenny Hill is the only player to rank in the top seven nationally in total offense (400.3 yards per game), passing yards (345.0 yards per game) and rushing touchdowns (6).
- SMU is TCU’s second-most played series. The Horned Frogs’ 95 meetings with the Mustangs trail only Baylor (111).
- TCU is playing its first road game after opening the season with three home contests. Ten of the Horned Frogs’ 12 games this season are in Texas.
- TCU has at least one sack in a school-record 33 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak in the nation (Ohio State, 38).
IOWA STATE (vs San Jose State)
Saturday 9/24 @ 11:00am in Ames, IA | FSN
- Iowa State is hoping to avoid its first shutout against non-conference foes in a season since the 1997 campaign.
- Iowa State has had a different player lead the team in tackles through the first three games: UNI (Reggan Northrup, 13), Iowa (Brian Peavy, 7), TCU (Mike Johnson, 9).
- ISU has gone nine-straight games without forcing a multiple turnover game on its opponent. The last time the Cyclone defense racked up multiple turnovers in a game was vs. Baylor in 2015.
- Starting QB Joel Lanning has accounted for all five ISU TDs this year (3-pass, 2-rush).
- The last meeting between the two teams (Sept. 20, 1980) was the only meeting played in Jack Trice Stadium. Iowa State won the game, 27-6 behind an 135-yard rushing performance from Dwayne Crutchfield.
WEST VIRGINIA (vs BYU)
Saturday 9/24 @ 2:30pm at FedEx Field in Landover, MD | ESPN2
- This is the first meeting between WVU and Big 12 Expansion candidate BYU.
- The Mountaineer defense is No. 8 nationally in red zone defense, No. 20 in team passing efficiency defense, No. 21 in scoring defense and No. 35 in first down defense.
- The rushing game has totaled 476 yards for an average of 5.1 yards per carry and two touchdowns. The passing attack has totaled 642 yards, five touchdowns and an average of 14.9 yards per completion.
- The ESPN2 telecast of the WVU-BYU game marks the 227th network television game for West Virginia. All-time WVU is 115-110-1 in nationally televised games.
- WVU ran for 235 yards against Youngstown State and has ran for 150 or more yards in 15 of its last 16 games and 200 or more yards in six of its last eight games. WVU is ranked No. 2 in the Big 12 Conference in rushing offense and No. 23 nationally.
KANSAS STATE (vs Missouri State)
Saturday 9/24 @ 6:00pm in Manhattan, KS | KStateHD.tv (Online Only)
- K-State tied a school record for rushing touchdowns in a game with seven against FAU, while Winston Dimel recorded four himself, which were tied for the third in a game in school history.
- Saturday’s game marks the fourth time K-State and Missouri State will meet on the gridiron with the Cats winning all three previous meetings.
- Kansas State has been one of the best red zone teams over the past few years, including a perfect mark over the final seven games of the 2015 season and again so far in 2016 through two games (11-for-11).
- For a third-straight year, K-State finished second nationally by fi lling up its stadium at a 106.20-percent clip, a number that was just 0.52-percent behind Oregon (106.72).
- The Wildcats, who recorded at least seven tackles for loss per game last year, have hit that mark in four of their last five regular season games, including 8.0 TFLs in the 2016 season opener at Stanford.
BAYLOR (vs Oklahoma State)
Saturday 9/24 @ 6:30pm in Waco, TX | FOX
- Baylor is looking to start a season 4-0 for the 4th-straight year, which would be a program first. Baylor and Oklahoma State meet for the 35th time on Saturday. OSU leads the all-time series 19-15.
- Senior RB Shock Linwood (3,675yds.) became BU’s career rushing leader vs. Rice breaking Walter Abercrombie’s record of 3,665. He also needs 2 rushing TDs to set a new BU career mark.
- BU has been especially good against the pass, leading the country in team pass efficiency defense (58.60), while giving up just 97.0 yards per game through the air, which ranks 1st in the league and 3rd in the nation.
- For 3 games, the Bears are averaging 282.0 yards on the ground, which is tops in the Big 12 and 9th in the nation. BU’s ground attack has been spread evenly between 3 RBs (Shock Linwood, Terence Williams and JaMycal Hasty). Each of those 3 RBs is averaging 71.0 ypg or more, while QB Seth Russell is also a threat to run with 27 ypg.
- Baylor has had 12 different players catch a pass in 2016, but is led by KD Cannon (29-straight games with a catch), who has 24 catches for 352 yards and 4 TDs. Cannon’s catch streak is tied for 12th-longest active streak in the nation.
OKLAHOMA STATE (vs Baylor)
Saturday 9/24 @ 6:30pm in Waco, TX | FOX
- A win would mark the 18th time that the Cowboys have beaten an opponent ranked in the top 25 of the Associated Press poll since Mike Gundy took over as head coach in 2005. It would also mark the third time OSU has beaten a ranked Baylor team since 2010.
- Oklahoma State has won each of its last six true road games, dating back to the 2014 season. Oklahoma State has won 14 of its last 18 games overall, dating back to the end of the 2014 season.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy coached quarterbacks and served as passing game coordinator at Baylor in 1996.
- Last week against Pitt, QB Mason Rudolph finished with a school-record 540 passing yards that also represented the highest single-game figure in the nation this season and the 11th-highest total in Big 12 history.
- Junior WR James Washington had a historic performance with nine catches for 296 yards and two touchdowns to help lead the Cowboys to victory over previously-unbeaten Pittsburgh last week.
- Oklahoma State leads the Big 12 in turnovers gained (7 - 14th nationally), turnover margin (+1.0 per game - 21st nationally), fumbles recovered (5 - third nationally) and defensive touchdowns (2 - fifth nationally). They're also second in the Big 12 with two interceptions.