First of all, no, I don't know where the people in charge are. I have a few theories:
(1) They've given up.
(2) They are pouting/protesting the reactions of some.
(3) They are preparing a tsunami of posts for tomorrow.
(4) They are having sex. (I only say this because when I was a kid we weren't supposed to watch "Love American Style" on Friday nights because it was too racy, but we always watched "LAS." It wasn't until I was a young adult that I realized my parents were making their own love American style in their bedroom on Friday nights.)
Second, this preview is not going to be pretty. I'm not taking the time to learn how to do the fancy stuff, but I encourage you to provide fancy stuff in your comments. Hopefully this post will convince the people in charge to come back.
Third, I hope you will respect my meager efforts by commenting only about football stuff. On the field football stuff. I know Baylor University faces serious issues and divisions right now, but there are many other places on ODB to argue and comment about that. (Arguing about on the field football stuff is perfectly acceptable.)
BAYLOR VS. OKLAHOMA
NOVEMBER 12, 2016 @ 11:00 A.M. (3:00 P.M. FOR SOONER'S FANS)
NORMAN, OKLAHOMA - GAYLORD FAMILY OKLAHOMA MEMORIAL STADIUM (AKA OWEN FIELD OR THE PALACE OR THE PLACE WITH THE BAND THAT PLAYS ONE SONG OVER AND OVER, FORCING YOU TO QUESTION THE MEANING OF LIFE)
TV: ABC FOR MOST OF THE COUNTRY/ESPN2 IF IT USUALLY SNOWS A LOT WHERE YOU LIVE
OPPONENT: Oklahoma Sooners
ODB GAME HUB: ?
MEET THE PRESS: I'd rather not.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Who cares?
MEDIA GUIDE: I'm sure you can google it if you really want it.
LAST MEETING: OU won, 44-34, but BU had only injured QBs left.
LAST GAME: 34-24 W over Iowa State
SB NATION BLOG: Don't go there.
SPREAD: Don't gamble, but OU is favored by 17 points with the O/U at 79
WEATHER: 54 degrees and clear (BU sweatshirt weather)
THE KING OF THE BIG 12?
Well, everyone knows OU lost to Houston when people thought they were really good and tOSU when people thought they were even better. Since then, they have plowed through the Big 12 with their closest game being a 5 point win over Texas. They'll have their corral of stud running backs back for this game, and their receivers aren't too shabby. Their defense, though, can give up some points (including 59 to Texas Tech).
KEYS TO THE GAME
There are really two main ones:
- Score points against their kind of sucky defense when on offense.
- Baylor is going to give up some yardage, but the defense needs to try to keep their offense from scoring.
Not sure if that movie will show up, because I don't really know what I am doing, so if it doesn't just look at some highlights from our trip to Norman two years ago. youtube has a collection from full game to 20 minute version to short highlight clips. That was the game when Petty kept saying "just ready for OU" and it turned out, he was.
- Would you rather have all of your teeth pulled out or listen to "Boomer Sooner" on constant rotation? Why?
- If someone gave you a million dollars to live in Oklahoma for the rest of your life, would you? Why or why not?
- Do you have any specific concerns about the game other than being clobbered?
- What is your favorite candy to steal from your kids' Halloween candy collection? (Or, if you don't have kids, imagine you watched so much "Love American Style" that you did.)
- What is your prediction for the game?