I'll be surprised if anyone actually stops by to watch this one because I hate this game as much as the rest of you. This wouldn't be an honest look back at the Bears 2013 championship season, though, if I didn't do this game as well. The bright side to this debacle was that our guys in green and gold would replace that bitter stillwater taste out of their mouths with that sweet, sweet ambrosia known colloquially as "Big 12 Championship."
Game facts from BaylorBears.com:
• With 453 yards of total offense in the game, the Bears have had at least 400 yards of total offense in 37 straight games dating back to Dec. 29, 2011 -- the 37-game streak is the nation's longest active streak (Texas A&M was next closest at 21 straight).
• QB Bryce Petty completed 28-of-48 passes (both career highs) for 359 yards and 2 TDs. He's thrown for 200+ yards and at least 2 TDs in all 10 career starts.
• WR Antwan Goodley had a 24-yard TD catch in the 4th quarter, giving him 12 TDs on the season (tied for 2nd on BU single-season list).
• Goodley, with 118 receiving yards, moved into 3rd place on the Baylor all-time single-season receiving yards list (1,193).
• Goodley had his 7th 100-yard receiving game -- he's 8th on Baylor's career list.
• IR Clay Fuller had a career-high 90 receiving yards along with a career-long 53-yard catch.
• S Orion Stewart made his first career start in his 10th career game and tallied a career-high 12 tackles, including a career-best 7 solo stops.
• DE Chris McAllister tied the Baylor all-time career record for sacks with his 15th sack -- he's tied with Daryl Gardener (1992-95).