*Pardon for the delay getting this one out*
After proving to the nation that they were indeed a team to be feared, the Bears were given a scare themselves from the Red Raiders of TTU. Jumping out to an early 14 point lead, the Raiders were looking to knock the Bears out of first place and regain their composure after losing three games in a row.
Levi Norwood sparked the Baylor comeback with a 40 yard TD reception and a 58 yard punt return for a TD. After another touchdown reception from Petty to Goodley, Baylor held the lead for the rest of the game. They then dominated the techies and finished them off 63-34.
Game Highlights from BaylorBears.com:
• With 675 yards of total offense in the game, the Bears have had at least 400 yards of total offense in 36 straight games dating back to Dec. 29, 2011 -- the 36-game streak is the nation's longest active streak (Texas A&M is next closest at 21 straight).
• QB Bryce Petty completed 17-of-31 passes for 335 yards and 3 TDs, and he added 2 rushing TDs. He's thrown for 200+ yards and at least 2 TDs in all nine career starts.
• Petty has rushed for at least one TD in 8 consecutive games, and he's been responsible for 3+ TDs in all 8 of those games.
• Petty's 8-game streak with a rushing and passing TD is tied for 3rd-longest nationally since 1998 -- Tim Tebow (14), Marcus Mariota (9), Colin Kaepernick (8).
• Petty on Baylor single-season lists: 4th passing yards (2,992), 3rd passing TDs (24), 3rd TD responsibility (34), t-6th rushing TDs and 4th total offense (3,119).
• WR Antwan Goodley had a 31-yard TD catch in the 1st quarter, giving him 11 TDs on the season (tied for 3rd on BU single-season list).
• Goodley became the 5th 1,000-yard single-season receiver in BU history. Goodley on Baylor single-season lists: 4th receiving yards (1,075), t-3rd receiving TDs (11).
• Goodley had his 6th 100-yard receiving game, moving him into sole possession of 8th on Baylor's career list.
• RB Shock Linwood had 29 carries, 187 yards (11th-most in BU history) and 1 TD. It was his 4th 100-yard rushing game, tying him for 9th-most in a season in program history.
• Linwood had rushed for the 11th- and 14th-most yards in program history in the last two weeks (187 vs. Tech, 182 vs. Oklahoma).
• Linwood now has 812 rushing yards on the season, and he's 31 yards shy of the Baylor freshman record held by RG3 (843 in 2008).
• RB Devin Chafin had a 3-yard TD run in the 2nd quarter and a 47-yard rushing TD in the 3rd quarter, giving him 4 rushing TDs on the season.
• Chafin had 11 carries and a career-high 100 yards and 2 TDs for his 1st career 100-yard rushing game -- it was the 3rd time this season BU had multiple 100-yard rushers in a game.
• PK Aaron Jones broke the NCAA record for career PATs made with 260, passing Louisville's Art Carmody (253).
• Jones made 9 extra points to bring his program-record career total to 419 points.
• Jones has now made a school-record 175 consecutive PATs.
• IR Levi Norwood had a career-long 58-yard punt return TD, his 2nd punt return TD of the season -- he's the first Baylor player ever to record 2 punt return TDs.
• Norwood had career highs with 7 receptions and 156 receiving yards (t-31st-most rec yards in a game in Baylor history) -- his career high entering the day was 78 yards in a game.
• Norwood had a 40-yard TD catch in the 1st quarter and a 58-yard TD catch in the 2nd quarter, giving him 4 receiving TDs on the year. It was his first career multiple TD game.
• Norwood has a team-high streak of 23 straight games with at least one reception.
• CB K.J. Morton had his 6th career interception, along with a forced fumble, a sack, 9 tackles, 4 PBUs and 3.0 tackles-for-loss.
LINKS LINKS LINKS LINKS
Baylor opens as 27-point favorite over Texas Tech in Arlington
OurDailyPodcast Episode 18: Triumph and Medicine Taking with Ty Hildenbrandt
Baylor Football Stats, Projections Through Week 12
First Look: Texas Tech Red Raiders
Baylor vs. Texas Tech Stats Preview
OurDailyPodcast #19: The Gamer Grit McHustlesauce Episode!
Baylor vs. Texas Tech Preview / Prediction / Poll Thread
Still Perfect: Baylor runs away from Texas Tech 63-34
Thoughts on Baylor's Win over Texas Tech and 9-0
Baylor vs. Texas Tech: The Morning After -- Highlights, Links, Notes, Tweets
Poll Position: Baylor jumps Ohio State in AP, Stays #4 in Coaches
Baylor Football-- Are You Not Entertained?
Baylor Ranked #4 in Latest BCS Rankings
Trench Warfare: Texas Tech Edition