Well, we have to do it. We can't not talk at least a little while about what happened last Saturday. Sorry folks, this isn't a live-podding of the movie Frozen. As much fun as that would have been for all of you, we decided to talk about the West Virginia game and what we can take away from it going forward.
This week we're starting off by talking through the hypothetical that I posted in yesterday's Conference Chaos post about the schedules of the Big 12 Contenders. The point that I didn't really emphasize in the post that I re-urged here is the inherent bias that comes with ranking one team ahead of another for multiple weeks before having to make the decision of who gets into the Playoffs. Does the Selection Committee look more at that head-to-head matchup, or are they unable to get past the inherent bias in their own system based on the fact that they ranked TCU above Baylor for multiple weeks? We're talking about that a bit to start off the show.
West Virginia Takeaways
I'm sorry folks, but we have to talk about this game and what it means going forward. We're addressing some concerns, and raising some of our own. We're also talking about some of the good things that happened in this game. There definitely were some good things, and they're worth mentioning. Here's a rundown of what we're discussing:
- Offensive Line Injuries and Replacements.
- Andrew Billings is a grown man. He was fantastic on Saturday.
- Prashanth's mea culpa and discussion of the penalties and how they affected the defense.
- Defense definitely got a bad rap.
- Concerns about what our go-to strength is when the defense runs into bad luck like they did with tight officiating on Saturday.
- Bryce Petty's present struggles (NOTE: WE ARE NOT ADVOCATING BRYCE PETTY BE REPLACED OR THAT HE IS NOT A GREAT QB).
- Antwan Goodley and drops.
- Putting all of these concerns into the proper context. Because there is an absolutely proper context for these.
- Bryce Petty to Antwan Goodley, who oh my goodness he's running horizontal BOOM OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A BLOCK COREY COLEMAN!!!
- Prashanth's Three Rays of Sunshine
Picks of The Week
|(-1) USC @ Utah||USC
|(-3.5) OleMiss @ LSU||Ole Miss
||Ole Miss||LSU||Ole Miss
||LSU (LOL. That would be crazy.)|
|Michigan @ MichSt (-17)||MichSt
|Texas @ KState (-10)||KState
|Tech @ TCU (-23)||TCU
|WVU @ OkSt (-1)||WVU
The Twitters The Twitters What What The Twitters
i have no idea what i am doing