Just a few things:
- Conflicting reports have emerged about the NCAA's stance on Shawn Oakman. According to John Werner of the Waco Trib, the NCAA denied Baylor's appeal regarding Shawn Oakman rendering him ineligible to play this season. David Smoak of ESPN1660, on the other hand, says he believes both Oakman and Jason Osei will be cleared to play by next week. I don't know who to believe.
- The Baylor Athletic Performance twitter account (@BU_Iron_Bear) has been teasing something called "The Leak" the last few days that will supposedly come down the pipe this afternoon/evening. I don't know what kind of important news the Athletic Performance department would break, maybe Kaz is leaking hydraulic fluid and they need the help of a mechanical engineer?
- BearsIllustrated's twitter account (@BaylorScout) has been tweeting several interesting statistics the last few minutes that I didn't address, particularly Baylor's strong defensive performance on first down. According to them, Garrett Gilbert was just 4-11 for 22 yards before Baylor went up 42-3. Also, on his first twenty carries, our defense held Zach Line to just 3.2 yards per carry. And that includes the one long run early in the game. Impressive stuff.
- Baylor debuted at 46 on FootballOutsider's first CFB rankings of the season. According to Bill Connelly, the fleshed-out F/+ will go up next week with the first S&P+ rankings tomorrow or Friday.
- SBNation's "Shutdown Fullback" reviewed Week 1 in CFB in typically hilarious fashion.
- In case you didn't get a chance to see the debut of the Baylor Line this past weekend, I found a video of it from the visitor's side showing just how enormous it was.
- Keep an eye out for news about a certain 5* PF from Memphis, Tennessee. He supposedly had an extremely good time on his visit this past weekend.