So I didn't end up putting a DBR yesterday at all when things were said and done. I had the clippings clipped and I fully intended to do it, but I just ... forgot? I don't think forgot is the right word because I just never really thought about it again. Maybe that means forgot is exactly the right word, actually. Whatever.
Last week was a pretty tough one for Baylor's MBB team, which dropped both of its ballyhooed games against our chief 2012 Big XII rivals. The first game was easy to predict; we don't win in Kansas. I'm not that disappointed by it even though we got blown out and getting blown out sucks. The second was much more difficult to predict and accept because it was a game we should have won. Call it the Kansas State of our basketball season. Anyway, now I'm depressed, so I'm going to just drop a bunch of links on you and YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
Actually, you can and I encourage you to do so. Let's start with MBB (some of these links may be a day old because of the lack of a DBR yesterday):
- Baylor Vs. Missouri: Bears' Rebounding Effort Lacking In Loss To Tigers - SB Nation Dallas
- Mizzou comes up huge at Baylor- Mini-Mizzou is the nation's 303rd-tallest team, according to kenpom.com, its players standing an average of less than...
- Upset Saturday: No. 1 Syracuse, No. 3 Baylor, No. 4 Duke stumble - National College Sports | Examiner.com
- Saturday spotlight: Syracuse, Baylor zones shredded - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News
- Mizzou Offers Proof | Upon Further Review
- No. 3 Baylor streaking in wrong direction now with 2nd consecutive loss, 89-88 to No. 5 Mizzou - The Washington Post- WACO, Texas — Baylor is suddenly streaking in the wrong direction, despite Pierre Jackson’s best effort at the end against fifth-ranked Missouri.
- Baylor's Jackson under the radar in loss - Stats & Info Blog - ESPN- Missouri 89, Baylor 88-- Baylor guard Pierre Jackson scored 20 points and handed out 15 assists in his first start of the season...
Bracketology 2012: Syracuse Holds On To Top Spot; Kansas Makes Big Jump - SBNation.com
Chris Dobbertean, SB Nation's resident bracketologist, gives Syracuse the edge over Kentucky in the race for the top spot in the bracket, for now, while Kansas replaces Baylor as a No. 1 seed after beating the Bears on Saturday.-- Slight mistake, they beat us last Monday. Not worth picking nits.
Updated Top 25 (and one) - CBSSports.com-- We're 7th.
And now on to WBB, the lone bright spot in the Baylor athletic sky last week (other than recruiting, which I'll get to later) after the jump...
No. 23 K-State no match for No. 1 Baylor - Boston.com- Kansas State coach Deb Patterson was pretty blunt and to the point when assessing her team’s performance against top-ranked Baylor."They just pummeled us in every aspect of the game..."
WACO, Texas — Shanay Washington drove hard through two defenders, then tumbled to the floor while scoring and being fouled in her first Baylor home game in more than a year. Brittney Griner excitedly helped her teammate and friend to her feet.
Baylor still No. 1 in AP women’s basketball poll, BYU enters for first time in five seasons - The Washington Post- Baylor remains the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women’s college basketball poll. BYU, though, joins the Top 25 for the first time in five seasons.
Big 12 Conference more than just Baylor Lady Bears - ESPN
As expected, Baylor has dominated the Big 12. But the rest of the league has had some surprises, as teams like Kansas and Kansas State are far exceeding preseason expectations.
This is from a few days ago, but still worth mentioning: Griner scores 32 as No. 1 Baylor women beat Texas | kens5.com San Antonio
And now miscellaneous football news:
- Kiper: Baylor's Robert Griffin III will be 2nd QB taken in 2012 NFL draft | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper- In his first mock draft, released this week, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. projects the Cleveland Browns to take former Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III with the fourth overall selection.
Irsay: Passing on QB not a wise choice - Indianapolis Colts - CBSSports.com RapidReports
Jim Irsay on the decision between QBs Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III for No. 1 pick: "It’s most likely one of those quarterbacks that you really feel is the best player in the draft. And where we’re at moving forward you can’t pass that up. I don’t think anyone would expect that."
Mel Kiper Jr. believes Browns buying into RG3 mania, oust Colt McCoy - BostonHerald.com
ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. believes two players from Baylor could help revive the Browns’ inept offense. In his first mock draft of the year, Kiper has the Browns selecting the Baylor tandem of quarterback Robert Griffin III and wide receiver Kendall Wright with the fourth and 22nd...
- Joe Paterno Dies, And Penn State Tragedy Continues Without Him - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- East-West Shrine Game 2012: West Beats East, 24-17 - SBNation.com- We had a few guys playing in this in case you want to read about it. Supposedly Tracy Robertson and NJB both played very well.
- Kansas, Transfers, And The Very Familiar Brock Berglund Problem - From Our Editors - SBNation.com- Interesting look at the Brock Berglund situation and what it means for CFB as a whole.