Not a lot out there so far this morning, which is somewhat surprising. Most of the links I found were stories we've already covered or topics beaten to death already, so I guess we'll just have a lighter links day.
First, though, we'll see what we've done about today's game here at ODB this week:
You can click on "complete coverage" for the SBNation page about this game. Everything we've linked about it will be posted on that page along with everything from BurntOrangeNation.com, the Texas SBNation site.
The weather could be a factor today, so here are the forecasts from Weather Underground
and NOAA, respectively. Both seem to agree that we are very likely to see some rain at some point today but disagree when it will happen or how it will affect the game. From NOAA:
Today: A 30 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 70. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph
SBNation.com's GameDay Link for this game is up and running. They'll update just like I will as more stories are posted.
- The San Antonio Express-News previews today's slate of Big XII action, the highlight of which is almost definitely still the Bedlam game happening in Oklahoma today. Probably the only thing worth caring about happening in Oklahoma today, actually.
- Speaking of Bedlam... Oklahoma Bedlam Game Schedule: Big 12 Title And Fiesta Bowl Bid At Stake - SB Nation Arizona.
The Idaho Statesman says that RG3 has chance to make history. I'm pretty sure this story was reproduced in every online newspaper in Idaho. They must love RGIII up there.
- The Columbia Republic also seems to really love RGIII, as they well should, noting that this is his one final chance to win Heisman Trophy. God I hope he does it.
- The Chron reports that UT will, of course, basically try to Schultzy his Heisman chances today. Be a bro, Texas. We helped out with VY's campaign in 2005 by letting him absolutely dominate us. Did you think that was an accident? Come on...
- Some guy for some place called CultureMap Houston says "There is no way Manny Diaz's Texas defense will let Robert Griffin III win the Heisman Trophy." It's not exactly up to him, guy. I'm sure if it was, Diaz would say "no thanks on that" to Griffin winning the Heisman, but they're not going to come and ask his permission. "Say Mr. Diaz, do you think you could let Griffin win the Heisman?" "BLOODY HELL NO, PEONS." he'd probably say.
- For a little more information about Texas: Texas could be down top two leading rushers against Baylor and Texas vs. Baylor: Five questions for the Longhorns.
- David Ubben (who is at Bedlam today because he hates America) says all eyes are on RGIII and Heisman race today. At least until the SEC Championship game starts. They'll probably leave for a bit, realize that kind of football is incredibly boring to watch, and then come back for some sweet, sweet, RGIII MACtion. We'll try to oblige viewers, we'll try to oblige.
- Not to be outdone, the Amarillo Globe-News (this is the first I've heard of Amarillo having a printing press, much less an online newspaper) says Baylor's Griffin owns Heisman hope against Texas. Glad to have you at the party, Globe-News.
- Finally, because I rarely find anything like this not at a pay site, the Beaumont Enterprise talks about Baylor commit Tre'von Armstead's development as an offensive lineman.
- Finally, finally, I mentioned it last night but if you have a subscription to either of Baylor's very good subscription sites, I suggest you check out the visitors list posted for who will be coming to the game today. Could be a very special day for Baylor's football program in a lot of respects.
UPDATE: Desmond Howard apparently just said on CFB GameDay that RGIII has that Heisman moment no one else has this season. As a former winner, he gets to vote on the Heisman, so that's good to hear.