T-8 hours and counting. The long national wait is almost over; tonight viewers from coast to coast will finally get to see Robert Griffin III and his merry band of Baylor Bears play football once again. It's been a long time since our drubbing of Texas at the beginning of December, and our school has gained its first Heisman Trophy while we waited for this day to come, but I have no doubt that our team will be ready to play tonight against the Washington Huskies in San Antonio. For those that are going to the game, be loud and have a great time flinging your green and gold afar. For those that aren't, you can still fling your green and gold in your living room if you so choose.
Most of today's links are going to be about the game tonight, obviously, but I did find a few about last night's basketball game (which I already talked about a bit immediately after the game ended) and I will post them, too.
Look for a predictions thread to go up this afternoon around 3 so everyone who wants to can weigh in.
Jackson helps keep Baylor undefeated - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN - DALLAS -- Forget the national-player-of-the-year candidate. And don’t be overly concerned with the freshman who’s projected as an NBA...
- No. 6 Baylor 54, No. 15 Mississippi State 52: Some day-after analysis of a classic - The Dispatch
- Jackson’s layup keeps No. 6 Baylor undefeated, 54-52 over No. 15 Mississippi State - The Washington Post- DALLAS — With one big play, Pierre Jackson made up for a series of mistakes to keep No. 6 Baylor undefeated.
- Baylor barely remains unbeaten, continues historic start - chicagotribune.com- On a bad day for unbeatens, Baylor remained unscathed in what is quickly becoming a historic season.
- Louisville And Indiana Stumble, Leaving Just Four Unbeatens In College Basketball - SBNation.com- It's not March yet, but we already have a final four. Syracuse, Baylor, Missouri and Murray State are the only teams in college basketball without a loss.
Rapid Reaction: Baylor 54, Miss. State 52 - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN- DALLAS -- Here are a few quick observations from Baylor's 54-52 victory over Mississippi State on Wednesday at American Airlines Arena in Dallas.
- Night Court: Two unbeatens fall, Baylor escapes - CBSSports.com
And on to the footbawwwwwwwwwwww:
The Hurry Up, Dec. 29: College Football Headlines For Thursday - SBNation.com- The SEC released expanded schedules and Texas played football, and you mean to tell me the biggest story of the day was a 2017 scheduling deal? Revolutionary times, friends.
Alamo Bowl 2011, Washington Vs. Baylor: Time, TV Schedule, Odds And More - SBNation.com- There might be only one good reason to tune into the 2011 Alamo Bowl between Washington and No. 12 Baylor, but it's a pretty darn good reason: Robert Griffin III. Making this virtual must-see...
Griffin III leads Bears in final stand against Huskies - chicagotribune.com- The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner, Robert Griffin III, leads the Baylor Bears into an Alamo Bowl matchup with the Washington Huskies.
RG3 staying incognito at Baylor bowl site - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- Baylor takes on Washington tonight in the Holiday Bowl, but it's already been an exercise in Robert Griffin III's new life as a Heisman winner.
Video: Alamo Bowl preview - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- Pac-12 blogger Ted Miller takes a closer look at the Alamo Bowl between Washington and Baylor.
Alamo Bowl: Three keys for Baylor - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- We previewed the Valero Alamo Bowl earlier today, and here are three keys for Baylor to win tonight's game, which kicks off at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- Huskies | Underdog Huskies hope to crash Baylor's Alamo party | Seattle Times Newspaper
- Baylor football players stopping at Haven for Hope to spread cheer - San Antonio Business Journal
- Griffin, Baylor aiming to become best in Texas | Baylor Bears - Star Telegram
Bill Connelly also posted his preview for the game on the mothership and it should be the one thing you read today if you read nothing else. He likes Baylor to win the game.
Finally, as I posted last night, there has been positive movement lately on the stadium front for Baylor, including a very important meeting of alumni and boosters yesterday on the subject.
BU Alumni, Supporters Check Out Plans For Proposed Football Stadium- On the eve of the Alamo Bowl, Baylor alumni and supporters met Wednesday in San Antonio to look over plans for a proposed on-campus stadium.
That's all the links I have for you today, though, as always, I will update the front page with anything else of import that comes up! Look for a prediction thread later so you can share your thoughts.