I promise you guys that I fully intend to start getting these things up in the morning again once things settle down a bit in the Moore household.
The big news today is the ranked matchup tonight for the MBB team against Mississippi State in Dallas. Just to prepare you, if you watch the game don't be upset about the lack of fans there, I've heard we shouldn't expect a great crowd from either side. Let's hit the basketball links first since their game is today (and there will be a GDT tonight).
- Conference Power Rankings: Big 12 - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN
- NCAA College Basketball Preview - Mississippi State Bulldogs at Baylor Bears - Dec 28, 2011 - CBSSports.com- Baylor coach Scott Drew and Mississippi State coach Rick Stansbury are anything but short on praise for the other's respective program.
- Bulldogs battle Bears in clash of ranked foes - chicagotribune.com- The sixth-ranked Baylor Bears and the 15th- ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs will meet at American Airlines Arena in Dallas for a highly-anticipated non-conference showdown.
- Bulldogs face ultimate road task in undefeated Baylor - The Dispatch
- The Showcase Preview: Baylor, Oklahoma State Highlight College Basketball Double-Header In Dallas - SB Nation Dallas- In what's becoming an annual late December tradition in Dallas, the American Airlines Center is hosting a star-studded college basketball double-header on Wednesday Dec. 28. The 8:00 PM head-liner of...
- Rothstein Files: Baylor-Mississippi State Has High Level Feel " CBS New York- Rick Stansbury doesn't need a scouting report. All it takes is a few minutes of film to recognize just how tough it's going to be for his Mississippi State team to beat Baylor on Wednesday night in Dallas.
- Remember the Alamo Bowl, because it might be college finale for Heisman winner Griffin - The Washington Post- SAN ANTONIO — Since winning the Heisman Trophy, Robert Griffin III is often shadowed by a bodyguard of sorts to dissuade autograph seekers, and this week tucked his dreadlocks under a hat in hopes of strolling through Sea World incognito.
- Husky Football Blog | Sark bites --- Pre-Alamo Bowl edition | Seattle Times Newspaper
- Alamo Bowl Preview Capsule - The Washington Post- No. 15 Baylor (9-3) vs. Washington (7-5), 8 p.m. EST
- Will Alamo Bowl be RGIII's Baylor farewell? - SportsNation - ESPN
- Alamo Bowl may be Heisman winner Robert Griffin III's Baylor Bears finale - ESPN- Good video interview here, you should watch it.
- Robert Griffin III - Breakout Athletes of 2011 - Photos - SI.com- Long considered one of the nation's top athletes for his prowess on the gridiron and track, Griffin achieved full-blown superstardom in 2011. His colorful personality (Superman socks) endeared him to the public, while his remarkable production (3,998 passing yards, 36 passing touchdowns; 644 rushing yards, nine rushing touchdowns; 192.3 efficiency rating) made him a Waco legend. Griffin led Baylor to its best finish in 25 years and became the school's first Heisman Trophy winner.
- With Baylor offense, it's pick your poison - San Antonio Express-News- Bears' offense has been even more explosive in past five games. The Huskies, Baylor's opponent in Thursday's Valero Alamo Bowl, enter the contest ranked 94th in the country — out of 120 FBS schools — in yards allowed per game. In four previous games against ranked foes, defensive coordinator Nick Holt's unit has given up 1,886 yards passing. In a five-game winning streak heading into the postseason showdown, the Bears (9-3) have averaged 46.4 points and 587 total yards out of their spread offense, totaling 31 touchdowns against only 16 punts. With Griffin drawing a majority of the focus, the battering back led the Big 12 in rushing with 1,347 yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground. Baylor averages more than 65 yards on its scoring drives, taking just 6.6 snaps on the average.
- Baylor looks to match school record, finish in Top 10 | Big 12 | FW Star Telegram
- Huskies | All eyes are on Heisman winner Robert Griffin III at the Alamo Bowl | Seattle Times Newspaper
- Baylor's Heisman winner is a man in demand- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III has quickly discovered that winning the Heisman Trophy is a game-changer.
- A Look Back And A Look Ahead At 2012 | Fox News- Syracuse is the nation's undisputed top team as 2011 winds down, yet the first name associated with the Orange is Bernie Fine. (Keep reading, it gets better.)
- Finally, our sister site for Washington has their prediction up for tomorrow's game, and it is... The Prediction - Washington 44 Baylor 37 - UW Dawg Pound