Apologies for getting this out so late in the day, I'm a bit under the weather and spent the morning trying to find someone who would prescribe medications so I don't feel like death would be a vastly improved situation for me.
This weekend was a fairly awesome one for the non-football major sports for Baylor. The men's team overcame a big first-half hole to win at BYU, something that doesn't happen often for visiting teams, on the strength of Perry Jones III's best game ever at Baylor. The official site has a recap of the game available here. There is a highlight video embedded on that page for those who didn't watch the game on BYUtv. The women won their latest huge matchup yesterday against #2 UConn at home after overcoming a big second-half deficit. Britney Griner was her usual outstanding self. That game was on ESPN last night, so I'm sure more people saw it than did the men's game.
For his outstanding play Saturday, Perry Jones III was named the Phillips 66 Big XII Co-player of the Week today, his first such honor. Baylor stayed in 6th in the AP poll after winning the game against BYU. The women are obviously the unanimous #1 after having won their second #1 vs. #2 matchup of the year.
- Heisman trophy winner boosts Alamo Bowl ticket sales | News - Home
- Another Baylor assistant leaving Waco? - Big 12 Blog - ESPN
- RG3 adjusting to life as a Heisman winner - Big 12 Blog - ESPN
- Bowl debate: Big 12 vs. Pac-12 - Big 12 Blog - ESPN
- Robert Griffin Is Latest Bang in Texas Quarterback Boom - NYTimes.com
- Sully's Court: Baylor shows how good it is - The Boston Globe College Sports Blog - Boston.com
- UCONN WOMEN: Griner leads No. 1 Baylor past Huskies - Houston Chronicle
- Oklahoma RB Brandon Williams transferring to A&M | AggieSports.com | Bryan/College Station, TX
That's all I've got for today. As always, if you find something worthwhile post it as a fanshot or in this thread and we can go from there.