After a short bye-week, Baylor finally reached the game we all new would make or break the 2013 season. Playing on a Thursday night in front of a national audience, the Bears welcomed the OU Sooners to Waco with a raucous FCS, decked in black, and a Baylor team unlike any Baylor team they've ever faced.
The first one and a half quarters were frustrating as the Baylor offense struggled to gain any traction against the stout OU defense. Luckily the Baylor defense did its job of doing the same to OU's offense, holding Blake Bell et al in check. Eventually the Bears were able to find the end zone behind the feet of Bryce Petty which started a succession of three consecutive touchdowns in just seven minutes.
The second half saw a heavy dose of Shock Linwood who was filling in for banged up Lache Seastrunk and Glasco Martin. Shock earned a season high 184 rush yards on 23 carries with two rushing touchdowns. Petty only completed 50% of his 26 attempts for just 204 yards; evidence of how the Bears passing game struggled with the absence of Tevin Reese.
Game highlights from BaylorBears.com:
• With 459 yards of total offense in the game, the Bears have had at least 400 yards of total offense in 35 straight games dating back to Dec. 29, 2011 -- the 35-game streak is the nation's longest active streak (Texas A&M is next closest at 21 straight).
• QB Bryce Petty completed 13-of-26 passes for 204 yards and 3 TDs, and he added his 8th and 9th rushing TDs of the year. He's thrown for 200+ yards and at least 2 TDs in all eight career starts.
• Petty moved into 5th on Baylor's single-season list in both passing yards (2,657) and passing TDs (21), 4th in TD responsibility (29) and 6th in total offense (2,775).
• Petty moved into a tie for 11th on Baylor's single-season rushing touchdowns list with 9 on the year.
• WR Antwan Goodley had a 24-yard TD catch in the 2nd quarter and a 25-yard TD catch in the 4th quarter, giving him 10 TDs on the season (5th on BU single-season list).
• Goodley moved into 5th on Baylor's single-season receiving yards list (974).
• RB Shock Linwood (23 carries, career-high 182 yards) had his 3rd career 100-yard rushing game, tied for 15th-most in Baylor history.
• PK Aaron Jones made 5 extra points and 2 field goals (29, 40) to bring his program-record career total to 410 points.
• Jones has now made a school-record 166 consecutive PATs, and his 251 career PATs made are 2 shy of the NCAA record held by Louisville's Art Carmody (253).
• IR Levi Norwood has a team-high streak of 22 straight games with at least one reception.
• Norwood had a 17-yard TD catch in the 3rd quarter for his 2nd TD reception of the year and the 3rd of his career.
• LB Eddie Lackey had his 5th career interception (1st of season)
• DB Demetri Goodson had the third interception of his career (2nd this season)
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Many Links!!!!!