Careful, Art. That sleeve looks like it's starting to creep down a little bit
This morning, Mark ported Bill C's updated S&P+ projections to ODB
I thought it might be fun, and a good source of discussion, to see what it would look like as a predictor of the race in the Big 12 this year. So, without further ado...
Big 12 Rank (S&P+ Rank)
1 (14) -- Yoooouuuurrrrrrr BAYLOR BEARS
2 (17) -- Oklahoma Sooners
3 (18) -- Oklahoma State Cowboys
4 (31) -- TCU Horned Frogs
5 (38) -- University of Texas Longhorns
6 (41) -- Kansas State Wildcats
7 (46) -- Texas Tech Red Raiders
8 (71) -- West Virginia Mountaineers
9 (80) -- Iowa State Cyclones
10 (104) -- Kansas Jayhawks
- Couldn't be happier to see the Bears leading the pack, here. With all the hand-wringing I'm prone to doing (esp. about our secondary next year), it's a helpful reminder that this team is still in better shape than probably any Baylor team previously. I mean, this is our first year to return a QB out of the last three, for cryin out loud!
- I said over on the Football Study Hall page, but I'll repeat it here: I'm not hating the idea that TCU could be the 4th best program in the Big 12, this year. I thought it was pretty laughable in their first year and even last year (with all the questions at QB, etc.), but I don't doubt Gary Patterson's coaching ability and I'm intrigued by the guys he's brought in to head up the offense. If that unit is even half-way serviceable this year, they could be a rather difficult match-up for several teams.
- Like Bill, I'm really shocked to see the way the Wildcats grade out via his metrics. I was ready to put them amongst the four teams (along with OU, OSU, and ourselves) who all had a better than average shot at winning the Big 12 this year. I guess I forgot that, once again, Snyder lost a TON of talent on D this off-season. Wonder if they'll have the same rough start this year?
- Really interested to see if the Red Raiders over-perform the numbers this year. They have a number of decent pieces in place, but the QB position seems like a ticking time-bomb. Despite the dismissive monicker, I've been impressed by what I've seen from Coach Bro, so far.
- If Connelly's numbers are right about WVU, this has to be Holgo's last year, right?
- If we didn't kill it last year, this year definitely puts an end to all the "Deepest league in the country" chatter.
- My best FakeDanBeebe impression:
So, what do you guys think? Anything you'd change about the list above?