I was a bit worried coming into this game to be honest. The Bears were getting a ton of well-deserved hype, there was talk of a Big 12 title and even a possible national championship shot, best offense ever, etc. Couple that with the fact that we were going into a place where we had never in history won, against the craftiest of all coaches, against a very good and very desperate team and you had the recipe for a letdown. But several things emerged from this game that are very bright silver linings.
1. Bryce Petty's first start on the road was brilliant. Still statistically the best QB in America by far
2. The team knows that they are human and need to stay focused if they want to keep winning which is huge
3. Baylor moved up 3 spots in the polls and is still on a winning roll even with a "less impressive" win
4. There are a list of things now to work on. Issues were exposed for the first time but not in a loss
5. The team got the Manhattan monkey off its back and finally won there
Overall, this was a great result in my opinion. First real test of the year and the team came out on top. The Bears season is going to be made or lost in November anyway so anything that happens now that helps us get better for that stretch of games is positive.
I am sure that Coach Briles and staff have their list of to-dos this morning and are already going over them with the team. Sic 'em Bears.