Now, I'm certainly not here to advocate gambling, I would never do such a thing. But if you're the kind of person who might find these things "interesting", here are the early betting lines for all of the Big 12 games in week 3. I'll update these again on Friday, "just for fun."
- Oklahoma is off this week.
- The two teams a lot of us are most interested in, Baylor and West Virginia, both play FCS teams this week so more than likely there will be no betting lines for these games. The Bears take on Sam Houston State in Floyd Casey Stadium at 6pm, with the TV broadcast on Fox College Sportst. The Mountaineers have a neutral site game against James Madison in Landover, MD at Fed Ex Field. This is a 3:30 game, broadcast on the Mountaineer Sports Network/Root Sports. Iowa State also falls in to this category, as they take on FCS opponent Western Illinois. This is a 7pm game with no TV announced.
- In their first Big 12 game, TCU is a 26.5 point favorite over the Kansas Jayhawks in Lawrence. This is an 11am kickoff with TV on FX. As of noon on Friday, TCU is now a 21 point favorite.
- Oklahoma State looks to get back on track as a 24 point favorite over the University of Louisiana Lafayette. This is another 11am kickoff on FOX Sports Net. As of noon on Friday, OSU is now a 23.5 point favorite.
- Texas Tech opens as a 33 point favorite over the New Mexico Lobos in Lubbock. This is a 6pm game on FOX College Sports. As of noon on Friday, Tech is now a 32.5 point favorite.
- The Kansas State Wildcats are a 28 point favorite in Manhattan over the North Texas Mean Green. This is also scheduled for a 6pm kickoff, this time on Fox Sports Net. As of noon on Friday, this line has not moved.
- The "marquis" match-up for the week, as far as Big 12 teams are concerned, is Texas at Ole Miss. The Longhorns are 13.5 point favorite, and kickoff is set for 8:15pm on ESPN. As of noon on Friday, Texas is now only a 10 point favorite.
All games on Saturday, September 15th. All times central standard. All betting lines from betonline.ag