Sorry about this going up so late, I've been on daughter duty all morning (working from home) and the Magee thing jumped right into my lap, so I figured this could wait a while. We got a good response from that Magee thread. People are excited about recruiting again!
The Magee commitment is obviously the biggest news item of the day. It really seems like Baylor, with the recent commitments of Nance and Magee, finally has significant recruiting momentum on our side. With the visits this weekend (I can't share who they are without violating the rules of the subscriber sites, but people will be very excited about a particular WR that is coming in and is committed to another Big XII school) and the next and the possibility that several significant prospects (chief among them being Devin Fuller) will look at Baylor before NSD, we might have very good news coming down the pipe indeed. If I had to guess who our next commitment will be ... I'll go with Polo Manukainu, DE from Euless Trinity. He and Magee would make a formidable tandem, indeed.
- Highly sought recruit Magee picks Baylor - San Antonio Express-News- Sam Houston High School defensive end Javonte Magee, San Antonio's most sought-after recruit, committed to Baylor on Friday. Magee, who played in last week's U.S. Army All-American Bowl, decided on Baylor largely because of the opportunity to play immediately, Sam Houston coach Gary Green said.-- Glad that pitch finally paid off.
- Scouts: Nice addition for Baylor's D - On The Trail Blog - ESPN (Insider)- Baylor, who is making a push to try and crack the top 25 class rankings, just strengthened their class some with a verbal from four-star D-Lineman Javonte Magee...
- Season report card: Baylor - Dallas Colleges Blog - ESPN Dallas- We're offering up grades for each team in the Big 12 after their seasons conclude, so here's a look at how the 10-3 Baylor Bears graded out in 2011.
- Surveying Big 12 attendance in 2011 - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- Attendance numbers are in for the 2011 season, and Sports Business Daily took a look at the numbers for the past three years.-- Baylor up over 41,000 in average attendance this year! Rise up, Baylor Nation!
The 2011 Big 12 All-Bowl team - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- Here's the all-bowl team from the Big 12, recognizing the best single-game performances from this year's bowls. (Terrance Ganaway made the cut.)
- Who will be drafted first from the Big 12? - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- NFL draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. updated his Big Board this week, and there's a Big 12 logjam near the top between two players...
- Speaking of Kiper... Video: Where will Griffin land? - Big 12 Blog - ESPN- Mel Kiper Jr. on potential landing spots for Robert Griffin III in the NFL draft.
- Report: Bryce Brown leaving K-State, likely headed to NFL | CollegeFootballTalk- The only reason I linked this is because it shows just how bad the decisionmaking process can be for some of these kids. I firmly believe that Bryce Brown, the former #1 recruit in the country, just never wanted to go to college. Didn't want to be bothered with it. So now, one year after transferring from Tennessee and without having played for Kansas State at all, Brown will leave for the NFL. Good luck with that. I'm sure it will work out swimmingly.
- Too early to think KU-Baylor? Nah - KansasCity.com- For all the stressing over this year’s 18-game gauntlet of a Big 12 basketball schedule, the thing could be over before anybody breaks a sweat.
- Baylor Bears, Creighton's Doug McDermott enjoying their moment - College Basketball - ESPN- In the second installment of Dana O'Neil's In the Know column, she buys in to Baylor and sings the praises of Creighton's Doug McDermott.
- Pac-12 Confidential | A glimpse at the national hoops landscape | Seattle Times Newspaper- This is about the men's CBB landscape.
In Victory, Baylor Women Recognize Deeper Loss - NYTimes.com- The Baylor crowd offered support to the Oklahoma State's women's basketball team, whose head coach and assistant were killed in a plane crash in November, before the Lady Bears handed it a defeat Wednesday night.
Baylor's in rare air- Robert Griffin III is leaving Baylor for the NFL after winning the school's only Heisman Trophy to go along with plenty of records after the second 10-win season in Bears history.-- This article is more about our programs as a whole, so I wanted it to go last.