The links will be fast and furious today as there isn't all that much going on. I'll remind everyone again that there is a basketball game tomorrow night at which RG3 will be honored for his Heisman victory Saturday night. I expect that place to be chock full of rowdy Baptists (and non-Baptists, we don't have to be denominationally-preferential around here) celebrating the return of our champion from the clutches of those dastardly Yankees.
- Speaking of dastardly Yankees, a somewhat incoherent David Letterman welcomed Robert Griffin III onto his show last night to present the "Top Ten Things that Went Through Robert Griffin's Mind When He Heard He Won the Heisman." Baylor Athletics says they're going to put up a better version at some point today, so I'll link that when they do.
- Our friends over at KegIntheQuad have made it to the big time with an outstanding video that compiled all of the separate videos they could find of fan reactions to the news of RG3's victory. You should absolutely watch it. If someone asks me to do it, I'll embed the Youtube file below the jump. BEWARE THE LINKED VIDEO IS VERY LOUD.
- Unsurprisingly, people have already started to try to cash in on RG3's victory through merchandise, most of which probably doesn't obey Baylor's licensing policies or standards. YNN in Austin has a story talking about those efforts and the fact that people seem to be dusting off their green and gold with more pride than they used to.
- Ubby Ubs over at the Big XII blog on ESPN.com has a story about RG3's homecoming with his trophy tomorrow. Like I said, you should absolutely go to that basketball game if you can!
- RG3 went on The Herd will Colin Cowherd yesterday, and ESPN has a video (mostly of Cowherd, know that going in) of the exchange. Cowherd has been somewhat vocal in the past of his disdain for what he believes to be small-time college programs, so maybe this helps us some in his mind. Not that I give a damn what Colin Cowherd thinks, but still.
- Nick Begley of CNBC.com went on a search for the SuperSocks that RG3 wore during the ceremony Saturday night, a search that proved much more difficult than he anticipated. RG3 already has the sockmaking world at his fingertips.
- Tickets on the Baylor 50 for the Alamo Bowl are reportedly going for over $800.00 due to the Heisman hoopla. Alamo Bowl officials apparently don't expect a record crowd but are mulling over installing temporary seating for the game.
- Charlie Weis (I'm not going to let this go) has already earned the respect of Bill Self, a noted paragon of integrity for KU basketball. Self described Weis as having a "commanding presence." No word if he meant "commanding" as in "attracting smaller celestial bodies into orbit around him."
That's it for today, sports fans. If you need a topic of discussion in the comments, I'm curious how people think our defense will stack up in terms of a depth chart next season. Bennett has repeatedly said that his goal is to get faster at every position on the field, so I think we should expect more position changes and rolling faster players down like we saw with Ahmad Dixon this year.