We're starting another work week here at ODB and unlike the last, we won't have endless Heisman speculation to use as story fodder. Dang it. We're going to have to actually get creative. Or something. Maybe I'll post a few more pictures of things that I like because I can. Oh, I don't see YOU throwing up incredible fanposts!*
*If you want to, though, have at it.
Anyway, the links today are going to be quite short, as I assume everyone is pretty Heisman'd out at this point.
- One thing I did find that was interesting was a comparison between Terrelle Pryor and Robert Griffin III now that all of the cards are on the table. I don't know how many of you reading this are members of a Rivals board, but the main board that year had a vociferous and violent debate about which of the two was better. The Ohio State people were numerous, loud, and unshakable in their conviction that Pryor was a golden god.
- SBNation's home site has a new mock draft up today that I'm going to link to but not really talk about. Let's just say that if this ends up happening, there will be many broken items in my home. Many. And lots of soul-searching.
- Bill Connelly devised a ranking system for each of the hires so far in CFB (at least the arguably important ones). I can't say that I disagree with his rankings at all, actually. He has them in the order I'd have them, though his scores to Kevin Sumlin are probably on the low side for my tastes. And his scores for Charlie Weis are too high. Just a baffling, baffling hire by Kansas.
- Turning to our upcoming game vs. Washington for a moment, Steve Sarkisian says that facing Robert Griffin III won't motivate him. I can understand that. You typically don't want to give too much attention to the best player in college football. That's exactly what they expect for you to do!
- I'm going to assume that Sarkisian didn't actually say that, though, because then this article talking about how to plan for RGIII doesn't make a whole lot of sense. "RGIII plays for Baylor" Steve Sarkisian didn't say. "News to me. I guess I should use google sometime or something."
- The KC SBNation regional site has a preview up of the Big XII conference schedule and their prediction for how the teams shake out. Baylor's men play at least one game this week that we'll cover in more detail in due time, and I have been told that RGIII will attend and be recognized on Wednesday night at the Ferrell Center. EVERYONE SHOULD GO. SERIOUSLY.
- Our WBB, which is undefeated just like the MBB (only school in the country that can say that), continued their impressive early run in beating St. John's yesterday at Madison Square Garden in NYC. The game was closer than expected at halftime, but the Lady Bears pulled away with a big run early in the second half and then coasted to another victory.
- Rumor has it that Baylor is receiving new helmets and uniforms for the Alamo Bowl against Washington. The rumor inside of that rumor is that the uniforms will be Nike Pro Combat. I tweeted a leaked picture last night of ONE of the proposed helmets being considered. I'll post it in the comments below for people to say what they think about it.