It's game day once again for Baylor's 11th game of the season against Texas Tech in Arlington, Texas. Baylor will be the home team tonight against Tech at Cowboys Stadium, and the game is set for broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest with the pregame show beginning at 5:30.
Here we go...
- First on the docket today is the game page from the mothership at SBNation Dallas. They preview the odds for the game as of this moment, where Baylor is a 12 point favorite. That page will be updated as the day goes on with reports from the game.
- Another page worth refreshing is David Ubben's Big XII blog over at ESPN. It's safe to say that the Baylor-Tech game is the biggest remaining for the Big XII this week since Texas and A&M have already played, OU should crush ISU (sound familiar?), and Missouri WILL kill Kansas. I missed a post from Ubben yesterday about Wright and Griffin moving onto Todd McShay's draft board. McShay may be a hack, but it's good publicity.
- ACCInsider posted their thoughts about RGIII yesterday morning. I missed that one by not having links yesterday, too.
- I noted it earlier in the week, but the Texas Tech Scout site is not at all optimistic about Tech's chances. If the score ends up the way they predict-- Baylor 48, Tech 17-- I will be very impressed. Particularly with our defense. That same site also posted a few interesting statistics about the two teams playing tomorrow.
- NewsOK, on the other hand, still seems to be quite mad about what happened last week and picked Tech in its Big XII Upset Special. Oh u still so mad. Notice their record of 5-7 in picking upsets.
- ESPN posted its preview of the game on Friday. One thing I hadn't through about was that Baylor has two chances in the next two weeks to get its fifth Big XII win of the season. We've never done that before. That's both sad and exciting at the same time. Kinda like Baylor football.
- The Dallas Morning News thinks we win a game very similar to last week against OU. That's probably more likely to happen than we blow them out like Tech's Scout site predicted.
- DMN's counterpart to the west, the Fort Worth Star Telegram, notes the relatively high stakes of this game for both teams and has quotes from Briles about making sure his team approaches this game with the proper gravitas.
- The Houston Chronicle decided to get in the act by previewing today's titanic contest. They held off on predicting a victory for either team and took a more neutral approach.
- Finally, BaylorBears.com wants you to know you can still Join the Third and support Robert Griffin III's Heisman campaign.
- UPDATE: BaylorBears.com posted their Gameday Central for the game.
I'm still working on the Predicted Score thing. I don't know where Therm got that. Maybe he can update it for me with that information?
First Down Rate
Available Yards %
Explosive Drives %
Methodical Drives %
Value Drives %
Standard Downs S&P+
Passing Downs S&P+
|Baylor Defense||Tech Offense|
|First Down Rate||113||26|
|Available Yards %||113||27|
|Explosive Drives %||117||84|
|Methodical Drives %||93||2|
|Value Drives %||105||28|
|Standard Downs S&P+||90||52|
|Passing Downs S&P+||35||21|